Bad Company - The Garage, Glasgow 24th April, 2008

Name
Billy Hepburn
Edit My Images
No
A few shots of the magnificent Bad Company in Glasgow on Thursday night!

Click on the link BELOW the photo to view the panoramic image!

bad_company_pano_02_720.jpg

Bad Company - Glasgow - 24th April, 2008
http://musicpro.co.uk/sites/bad_company/pages/bad_company_pano_02.html

bad_company_pano_03_720.jpg

http://musicpro.co.uk/sites/bad_company/pages/bad_company_pano_03.html

bad_company_pano_04_720.jpg

http://musicpro.co.uk/sites/bad_company/pages/bad_company_pano_04.html

billyh42
elevation360

Loving the spherical panorama, but bit too much grain for my liking!

bit too much grain for my liking!

Unfortunately grain (noise nowadays) in live music photos is unavoidable due to the combination of high sensitivity speeds (1600 here) and low light!

Especially if you're holding a heavy camera on the end of a monopod in one hand shooting at 1/60th second! :)

Digital noise is amplified in the Panoramic Viewer as well due to the way that Java handles jpg images. The viewer has to stretch the image in all directions to enable the 360 degree effect, i.e. pixels are enlarged and reduced as necessary.

The panoramic images here have also been reduced to 3000px x 1500px at 72dpi to enable a smaller file size for screen display. The image you are seeing in the browser is a tiny 600k file - the original file is over 12meg!

The actual images themselves aren't really that noisy (for live music shots anyway)!

Bad_Co_1698.jpg

Bad Company - Glasgow - 24/04/08

Bad_Co_2277.jpg

billyh42
elevation360.com

Great group, saw them in Leicester way back in the 70s

Wow, the memories are coming flooding back, good to see that they are still going strong...love the pano shot too, it looks like they are pasted onto a massive ball bearing..great work.

Panoramic images didn't appear to be working yesterday!

Thanks to those who let me know.

It was a problem with the ISP's server and everything appears to be working again today!

billyh42
elevation360

I loved Bad Company... brilliant to see them still going.

Nice atmospheric shots.

I really like the panorama, but the last shot captures the essence of what a gig is all about for me, the front man getting the crowd going and always asking for more volume!

Cheers Hugh

One of the things about live music is that there's only a few times the crowd react - usually at the end of a song or at the introduction of a song!

For a panorama you'd probably need to make a composite, a couple of shots while the band was actually playing and then another couple of the crowd when they start to clap etc! Then stitch them together - problem being that you really need to have similar lighting and colour balance for a decent stitch!

billyh42
elevation360

Due to continuing problems with Demon Internet (and their complete lack of customer support) the panoramic images have now been moved onto a completely different server.

All original links will still work!

Again, thanks to those who let me know!

billyh42

the panoramic images have now been moved onto a completely different server.

Further to the previous message, because everything has been moved to a different server, the relevant domain names and their associated DNS settings now point to the new server.

This may result in a "blank" page being displayed while the new DNS settings are propagated throughout the internet.

According to the hosting company the DNS setting changes can take up to 48 hours to complete.

Normal service will resume ASAP!

billyh42

Back