bad parking

And people wonder why their cars get dented... Its because the parents with kids in tow, can't park their cars in the parent and child spaces.

Ahhhh - right, so having kids gives you a god given right to damage other people's property and not give a stuf about it does it? :thinking:

Funny - when I was little Mum and Dad parked the car where there was space to do so, to allow for getting me out of the child seat etc. If that meant a slightly longer walk to the shop, then that was the way things were!

Ahhhh - right, so having kids gives you a god given right to damage other people's property and not give a stuf about it does it? :thinking:

No, it doesn't !

But accidents will happen.

Its easy for an adult to get out of a car in a normal space, provided the cars neighbouring have parked properly. But you try getting a child out of that same space, Its difficult without having your door wide open. And yes, god has given me the right to have kids.

So the owners of whatever car park, provide parent and child spaces to try and cut the risk of damaging other peoples cars.

I wouldn't care if they were the other side of the car park really, so long as I could easily get my kids in and out of the car.

Its plain and simple really, if your disabled, use a disabled space. If you've got kids, use a parent and child space. If your on your own and quite capable of getting out of car, use a normal space, and park in it properly.

I didn't ASK for these spaces to be provided, there clearly is a NEED for them.

BB

And people wonder why their cars get dented... Its because the parents with kids in tow, can't park their cars in the parent and child spaces.

It seems (by implication) that if parents park in car parks without "parent and child" spaces then they are likely to damage the vehicle next to them.

My belief is that it's easier for a healthy 8 year old to get into a car than it would be for an arthritic octogenarian who isn't registered as disabled.

Bob

Knew it would upset somebody.;) I just don't see the justification for giving special treatment to someone just because they have kids. In fact I'd go a stage further and make it compulsory for anyone with kids to do their shopping between the hours of 2AM and 4AM, that way they can use all the parking spaces they want :p

Oh you are a troll, lol

My belief is that it's easier for a healthy 8 year old to get into a car than it would be for an arthritic octogenarian who isn't registered as disabled.

Bob

Absolutely Bob. And when my children are 8 years old, I prolly wont bother using the parent and child spaces as the kids will know better than to damage other peoples cars. But as they are only 3 and 4 years old at the minute, its easier said than done to try and get them to comply..

The world is full of idiots
[YOUTUBE]kuRssKY7NNc[/YOUTUBE]

Haven't laughed that much in ages.....(y)(y)(y)

:woot:

Tony (y)

I worked for RM for a while which meant visiting many small village primary schools around Essex, Suffolk & Norfolk. As anyone with kids of this age will know, men have almost been banished from primary education (subject for another thread entirely). You'd be surprised (or maybe not), at how often I was unable to get into a ten space car park because there were three Corsas & a Fiesta in there already! :LOL:

There isn't a shortage of people that can park between 2 lines, there's an abundance of parking spaces that are too narrow.

It really p****s me off when I park my car to find some muppet has either parked 3 inches from it so i can't get in it or opened a door, put a dent in it then buggered off.

My car cost me a lot of money, if they want to paint their lines a foot wider than the car they can, doesn't mean i'm going to park my car between them though :nuts:

try parking a 32 ft lorry then.where do i park it. mainly , anywhere i b**** want. within reason.:)
people who park on tight corners are my biggest bugbare when i,m in the lorry.squeesing round them to get to where i NEED to be.
i backed into the access to a yard on friday. cars parked overhanging the dropped kerbs either side of the gate. i squeezed in missing a shiney gold BM by about three inches and had to stop with my front end out in the road by about two feet. (hazards and lights on).my front arch is about four inches from back of BM. about ten seconds after i,d got in , the t**t with the bm comes out of an office across the road looking panicked , and moved it up six feet.a**e.

I agree with the comments about the size of parking spaces. The best place for parking cars is Costco.

The bays are long enough to fit a big estate car and between the bays, there is an area for opening your doors into. If only every other car park followed this design, there would probably be no dented doors or scratches. I can get my Mondeo in the bay with loads of space front and back and open both doors easily for me and the missus to get out in comfort.

I agree with the comments about the size of parking spaces. The best place for parking cars is Costco.

The bays are long enough to fit a big estate car and between the bays, there is an area for opening your doors into. If only every other car park followed this design, there would probably be no dented doors or scratches. I can get my Mondeo in the bay with loads of space front and back and open both doors easily for me and the missus to get out in comfort.

american company though, when the 1st costco was built the executives probably came over for the US and looked at the cars and laughed, these are the cars they built those spaces for :LOL:

IMG_0163.jpg

Back