Bag advice

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope this is in the right spot - (and by the way, what an amazing forum)

Jacobs have a LOWEPRO Slingshot 200 AW for sale at a good price...

... and I was wondering if folks would advise getting one.

I currently have a 400D (grip attached) with 4 lenses, the longest of which is the EF 75-300

It would be used 50 / 50 between the boot of the car and going on walkabout for a couple of hours.

I'm getting a few filters as well - and have the usual blower and lens cleaners.

Does it fit the bill?

MountainSmith 'Odyssey'
AW1_2415.jpg

AW1_2420.jpg

AW1_2418.jpg

Hope this is in the right spot - (and by the way, what an amazing forum)

Jacobs have a LOWEPRO Slingshot 200 AW for sale at a good price...

... and I was wondering if folks would advise getting one.

I currently have a 400D (grip attached) with 4 lenses, the longest of which is the EF 75-300

It would be used 50 / 50 between the boot of the car and going on walkabout for a couple of hours.

I'm getting a few filters as well - and have the usual blower and lens cleaners.

Does it fit the bill?

To answer your question I would imagine it might just be to small although it might just work but be a bit tight.

I currently have the slingshott 100 and in it I have a Sony A350 with either the kit lens on or the 50 mm sigma, which ever of the two is not being used and a Tamron 70-300, an FLV 42 flash gun and a ball head for my monopod. There are the usual memory card bits in there along with some cleaning bits but the bag is jam packed. Because of this I have actually bought a 200 from Jacobs and had an email from them this morning saying it's been dispatched.

As you have four lenses and a battery grip you might find the 200 is not quite big enough. Best bet would be to get yourself to a local shop that stocks it, check it out for size, then if you like it order it from Jacobs.

Good luck with your bag search (y)

hey fella,
i bought the slingshot 200 about two weeks ago and it great! The fact you can swing it around from a rucksack to your front and not have to take the bag off your shoulder is a great idea!! i only paid £30 for it from Jacobs in the sale and worth every penny, but being over one shoulder is not quite as comfortable as on both. At that price it's a great deal!!

Back