Bag for camera while out walking

Name
Alastair
Edit My Images
Yes
hi,
while i hate to sound like a broken record asking for bag recommendaitions, here goes...

i need a bag that will fit either on a belt or as a sling aroung my neck that is as small as possible, and will fit a gripped 50d with a tammy 17-50 attached with the hood up, and my 430ex for while im out walking, and its hard to tell exactly what will fit in what just looking on the interweb

thanks

alastair

I've a Lowepro Top loader which has a strap and also a belt loop on the rear (y)

Pay a visit to the Devon Camera Centre in the Guildhall shopping centre (take the kit you want to carry in the bag) and see which bag fits it all in. If they have nothing suitable, the next stop I would suggest is Mifsuds down in Brixham who also have a selection of bags in their 2nd hand section.

"why don't you try takeing your equipment to a camera shop and seeing if it fits.

then when you know the name and size you need, you could check online! "
PLEASE don't do this.You might save yourself a few quid but next time you NEED something NOW, yoiu just might find that the shop's gone bust due to all its stock ending up shop soiled.

I bought a Jackwolfskin waist pack then lined it with an old foam sit mat, put camera in a dry sack inside and its perfect. I couldn't find the right photography bag that was small enough and comfortable enough, but there are loads of running/ walking waist packs around from all the major outdoors manufactures, its really easy to modify them for a camera.

I use a LowePro Slingshot 200 and fit 40D with a 28-135, along with 70-300 plus room for more. The grip on the 50D should still fit with no problems. It's a sling pack and is pretty comfortable for all day walking.

Back