Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Sorry me again...

Following on from all the help on the thread below:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/bag-for-light-stand-and-acc.620384/

I am now looking for a bag to hold my two light stands and umbrella for when I do not want to carry my full lighting kit and am just going to use speed lights. The ones I have are the 3.6m Lencarta ones, and they both do not fit in the hockey bag I have been using for the konig light stands so....

Any suggestion for ones that will take both stands and are not very expensive. I have seen the photosel and the one look like it would hold both stands, but are there any other that I can look into.

Thank you

Small ski bags work for the longer light stands.

I have been told that hockey bags from sports shops make good and reasonably priced lightstand bags. I have not seen one, so I can't say if it is correct or not. I am planning to go look at some in the near future though to see if they are viable.

Thank you both, will check out the ski bags. With regards to hockey bags went to sports direct yesterday and could not see one bigger than what I already have.

I use a hold all meant for cricket or hockey etc, cost somewhere between £10-15 and you can get them from almost anywhere like JD Sports. The funny part is it's more comfortable than most of the professional brands which cost ten times as much and durable enough to hold a couple of steel Manfrotto 004's with plenty of space.

Only downside is it's too big for a couple of normal stands, you'll get a more snug fit from the pro brands there (stands tend to grind against one another and get all scratched up). If you're just using a pair of regular stands the Elinchrom bag is pretty nice as it's compact and pretty durable but I'm guessing too small for you stands. The closed length of the stands you're using would be helpful.

Simon,

Each stand is 100cm closed. Seen the ones linked by Steven but too small for the ones I have.

Thank you

Last edited:
This is a timely thread!
In the last fortnight I've had 2 calumet portable studio brags break. In one the handle fell off, and the other the zip burst and the stitching came out. I'd only used them for perhaps 15 trips.
It was the handle falling off that shocked me the most. It was the bag carrying stands, cabling & brollies that fell a couple of feet to the floor as I was putting it in the boot. Had it been 5 minutes earlier and to the other identical bag, it would have been 3 heads falling down a flight of stairs.
I'll pop into JD sports to check out the hockey bags tomorrow.

Calumet does a bag which should fit but I think it's overpriced (about £40), Bowens used to do some which would work, Elinchrom does a master stand bag. I dislike them all as they're made from fairly thin fabric which gets eaten by spigots but they should be large enough for your needs.

Tamrac used to make a nice bag for stands, big enough to hold a couple of 004's barely and had some cloth dividers to stop them damaging each other but I think it's out of production.

The Hensel Padded stand bag 110 looks nice, expensive but it ticks all the boxes for me (tough material, big enough for long stands but not too wide. I've not used it but it looks a lot like a Gitzo bag (which are also nice but expensive).

Alternatively the original suggestion still applies, just go to JD sports or Sports direct website and look through their list of bags, bet you'll find something suitable for under £20.

Simon, thank you.

Garry, if you do have the ones to fit the light stands I have that will be brilliant.

Thank you

I'm pretty sure that we now have a few of the £15 bags that will fit your stands - I'll try to check on Monday, but can't guarantee it because we're both short staffed and busy:(

That'll be great, thank you, also there's no rush :)

Update: Sorry, but we don't have any of those light stand bags at the mo. We have a delivery of them arriving on the 11th July.

Update: Sorry, but we don't have any of those light stand bags at the mo. We have a delivery of them arriving on the 11th July.
Garry,

Please can you confirm if these will fit the stands that come with the lighting kit?

Thank you

Kev

Garry,

Please can you confirm if these will fit the stands that come with the lighting kit?

Thank you

Kev
Yes, they will

I have a couple of long lightstand bags at home that I used to use to keep lencarta stands in (bought from Garry himself). I don't use the bags any more so I'll measure them tonight and let you know if they are 100cm+ and suitable for your stands.

I have a couple of long lightstand bags at home that I used to use to keep lencarta stands in (bought from Garry himself). I don't use the bags any more so I'll measure them tonight and let you know if they are 100cm+ and suitable for your stands.

Rob,

Thank you

@-Rob-

Hi Rob, sorry did you get a chance to check the bag length.

Thank you

Hi. Just to update my earlier post in this thread... I bought a large hockey kit bag - Mazon tour plus combo - the extra space suiting my needs for extra bits. It looks and feels very robust. It has comfortable shoulder straps and wheels. Time will tell but I'm quite optimistic.

Just ordered the big light stand bag from Lencarta and got 15% off. Thank you Lencarta... every penny counts.

Just ordered the big light stand bag from Lencarta and got 15% off. Thank you Lencarta... every penny counts.
You'll be happy with it, it's part of our new Redline Pro range.

Discount ends today, and then we're adding new products, and after that we're taking a very close look at our pricing - unfortunately, democracy in action means that our costs have gone up by about 15% - good old Brexit:)
Of course, all reputable importers have the same problem, but the disreputable ones who sell from abroad on ebay have the buffer of tax evasion.

Back