Bag hides etc..

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
I have one of those bag hides that you can drape over and cover your full body, tripod and camera..
I find it a bit too much and cumbersome.
I know that the human figure unless stock still and the shine of naked flesh is a beacon of distress to wildlife.
Anyone use one or has cut it down to cover just the head and down to about mid torso or waist with success?
I guess i'm just asking whether to do so or sell it on ...
Thanks in advance..

I have one too that I have not used yet but planning on taking to Scotland but know what you mean, I have also looked at these which with a pair of gloves could be a better solution?

http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/retail/acatalog/B30-Hoody-Top-1.html

I've had a notion for that for summer use Adam..
I've found for birds which is my main subject, that stillness and covering the pink stuff is suffice.
I guess that covering the top half to disguise the human silhouette should suffice when standing, I find it a pain these days kneeling or sitting on the ground ...

I've had a notion for that for summer use Adam..
I've found for birds which is my main subject, that stillness and covering the pink stuff is suffice.
I guess that covering the top half to disguise the human silhouette should suffice when standing, I find it a pain these days kneeling or sitting on the ground ...
Same here I’m suffering more and more with my back of late (must be an age thing) in fact I’m still suffering after lugging my 600 around hamwall early in the week :(

I have one. I'm sure it's going to be the end of me; I'll be found a week later face down in some ditch having got it tangled in my feet and unable to move...

I would look at pop up hides , probably suit you better, I got bag hide, and find like you said, movement gives yourself away,
also got pop-up hide, great if you want to stay in one place..I still use netting if it can be hung from tree or hedge, but not much use in field.
I also carry light weight tent poles, these are probably made out of glass fibre about 10mm 36" in length, four of these are ideal for draping netting over.
I made two holes for pole to fit netting, with brass eyelets and tent pegs and rope to keep it upright.

I've got a scrim net but that's a bit of a fankle too.
I'll use it as a screen though if I find Kingfishers frequenting a spot I found last year again.
I can never get those pop up types (kids tents) folded back into their packing shape, lol...a spectacle in itself...

I've only used this a couple of times and it was almost dark so perhaps not relevant but a midge hood obscures the face well.

Dave

Back