Bag required for weddings

Name
Alistair
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Hoping that somebody has a suggestion for me, I need a bag for covering weddings. I have a harness system to take both my cameras with lenses, so only need something that can fit my flashes+lenses (2/3 flashes, 5 lenses) in. Although, if it could take my bodies as well, that would be a plus. I was thinking of something that loaded from the top, that have a easy to get in top.

Something like:
http://products.lowepro.com/product/Nova-200-AW,2107,20.htm

But would have to be bigger.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Alistair

There's a beautiful Billingham in the for sale section!

You mean the Billingham 550? Think top access wouldn't be that easy with the zip, literally want to be able to drop a lens in and take a new one out.

Have you considered buying Billingham inserts & customising your a handbag?

We use Nova 200s for our HD handicams at work and TBH, you could probably get four 70-200mm f/4 or 24-70mm lenses (just a reference for size) in, plus a pair of flashes. They're great bags but for big lenses you need something bigger

We use Nova 200s for our HD handicams at work and TBH, you could probably get four 70-200mm f/4 or 24-70mm lenses (just a reference for size) in, plus a pair of flashes. They're great bags but for big lenses you need something bigger

Thanks Pat- maybe I need to find a shop near me that has stock to see in real life how big it is (y)

Im always looking for good camera bags but have found a really nice solution for weddings that is dirt cheap too. I bought two lowepro exchange messenger bags, one for me and one for my assistant. One bag will hold 3 lenses or two lenses and an SB900 plus a zip pouch in frontnfor memory cards etc, and slip pockets for gels, business cards whatever. They don't have much padding at all and are quite flimsy but that why I love them. Slung over my shoulder I can carry it all day and change lenses on the go like a shoot sac bag. It will take a 70-200, 24-70 and speed light easily so with one each we can carry all the extra lenses we need plus a couple speed lights, I carry two camera bodies with lenses on blackrapid so I can carry up to 6 lenses and two speed lights easily if I need to. I actually pack a think tank roller and keep it locked in the boot of my car or in a room wherenwe are working and change what I carry at different times of the day so we can keep it light.

Best bit is the bags only cost 24 USD each, not as flash as some but not bulky either.

So sorry I know this probably isn't the solution you're looking for but I find it so much easier having a smaller bag to work from separate from the big bag that carries all the gear I need for the day, thought I would mention it. I just can't carry all the gear on my shoulder all day like that, I find I get tired and lazy and just don't feel as mobile.

BTW the think tank gear is great, built in cables to lock the bag to something and built in zip locks etc, fairly secure stuff if your leaving stuff in it unattended.

Im always looking for good camera bags but have found a really nice solution for weddings that is dirt cheap too. I bought two lowepro exchange messenger bags, one for me and one for my assistant. One bag will hold 3 lenses or two lenses and an SB900 plus a zip pouch in frontnfor memory cards etc, and slip pockets for gels, business cards whatever. They don't have much padding at all and are quite flimsy but that why I love them. Slung over my shoulder I can carry it all day and change lenses on the go like a shoot sac bag. It will take a 70-200, 24-70 and speed light easily so with one each we can carry all the extra lenses we need plus a couple speed lights, I carry two camera bodies with lenses on blackrapid so I can carry up to 6 lenses and two speed lights easily if I need to. I actually pack a think tank roller and keep it locked in the boot of my car or in a room wherenwe are working and change what I carry at different times of the day so we can keep it light.

Best bit is the bags only cost 24 USD each, not as flash as some but not bulky either.

So sorry I know this probably isn't the solution you're looking for but I find it so much easier having a smaller bag to work from separate from the big bag that carries all the gear I need for the day, thought I would mention it. I just can't carry all the gear on my shoulder all day like that, I find I get tired and lazy and just don't feel as mobile.

BTW the think tank gear is great, built in cables to lock the bag to something and built in zip locks etc, fairly secure stuff if your leaving stuff in it unattended.

Thanks Graham, really interesting idea. I am thinking of not carrying much myself at all, apart from 2 cameras/lenses & memory cards, and getting assistant to carry the rest.

Back