Bags AGAIN

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know of a bag/rucksack like the lowepro that actually takes a D2H with 400mm siggy attached ....the fastpacks nearly do and as they are all the same width I am now looking at Tamrac

If you want to buy my fastpack 200 let me know here and I will post another thread in for sale forum

Now for sale in for sale threads

Do a Google search on 'long lenses cases/bags' and you should be able find something suitable and the right size for your 400mm

I don't know how big the Sigma 400mm is, but if it's around the same size as the Nikon 200-400 it should fit in the Nikon CL L2 bag which is supplied with the 200-400. It's about £90 or so and very lightweight...BUT it only has a single shoulder strap so won't sit on your back like a rucksack unless you modify it.

You could have a look at the Domke ones HERE

It really pays to look around though to find your best option.

I don't know how big the Sigma 400mm is, but if it's around the same size as the Nikon 200-400 it should fit in the Nikon CL L2 bag which is supplied with the 200-400. It's about £90 or so and very lightweight...BUT it only has a single shoulder strap so won't sit on your back like a rucksack unless you modify it.

Its a fixed length of 22cm with the body at 8 cm so it needs to have a width capable of 30 cm min

My recently purchased Tamrac 5x should take it, the main section for body+lens is around 34cm - it takes a 1dmkIII + 300mm f/4 with room to spare.

I have the Tamrac x5 ad x7 and both are excellent bags. My D300 and Nikon 300mm f2.8 won't go into the x5 when the camera and lens are attatched but will fit in the x7 with a little room to spare, I'm sure it'll take your Sigma 400mm.

Mark:)

Its a fixed length of 22cm with the body at 8 cm so it needs to have a width capable of 30 cm min
Go have a peek at the Nikon site and see how that compares to the Nikon big lass, the CL L2 will actually hold a 200-400, 500/4 or 600/4 (last two without body attached though) so I'd be surprised if it didn't hold a 400 5.6 as that should be a fair bit smaller.

What a great site. We should have a section on here where you can post your kit bags. Or am I being dumb.

Choccy...

Yes you are being dumb :D

All thats needed is a thread started.

If you start it, people will come.....

Back