Bahai Gardens from above.

Name
Philip Golan
Edit My Images
No
A photograph of the Bahai Gardens in Haifa, Israel.

2122732972_36df86c02b.jpg

Last edited:
Was there a way to get a shot of the gardens from a point more to the right, thus eliminating the palm on the left?

Last edited:
Was there a way to get a shot of the garens from a point more to the right, thus eliminating the palm on the left?

Moving more to the right, would have placed the the temple itself directly behind the trees that are next to it, leaving us with a view of the dome only.

As I understand it, we have two artistic choices here. The original covers part of the gradens with a palm and gets us the temple and its dome. My suggestion gets us all the gardens, the body of the temple covered by trees and the temple's dome. I would have liked to see the comparison.

As I understand it, we have two artistic choices here. The original covers part of the gradens with a palm and gets us the temple and its dome. My suggestion gets us all the gardens, the body of the temple covered by trees and the temple's dome. I would have liked to see the comparison.

I have another one from a far better view point. I'll upload it and post it ASAP. :D

Here's one from inside the wall of the gardens, and not from the outside as the first shot.

2709490141_e20153a9e3_o.jpg

Last edited:
This was taken from the opposite side all together. I perched myself on a very narrow traffic island running down the middle of a very busy street in order to align myself centre with the stairs.

2709504535_a9886a962b_o.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful place. Not the Israel we are used to seeing on the T.V. Keep them coming.

That third image is fabulous - but why did they have to put that block of flats at the top

Thanks a lot for your comments Kerioak. That building is actually a hotel, which is situated on a very panoramic spot where you can see the whole Haifa area and port. On a good day you can see all the way up to Lebanon from there. (y)

What a beautiful place. Not the Israel we are used to seeing on the T.V. Keep them coming.

How very true I'm sure. I'll do my best to show you the good side.
Thanks Dave.

Those steps remind me of a flight of locks on a canal. Shame about the modern building, but that's life! Beautiful building, by the look of it.

Thanks Carole.
Beautiful building it is.

I like both images especially the second one with all them steps.. the top is would be a lot better if you could chop that tree down that seems to be in the way.:)

Thanks a lot Sam.
These gardens are very special to the Bahai faith. You can't just walk in and have a look around. You have to book in advance. I have been inside, and it is quite spectacular. To cut down a tree there would be like demolishing Big Ben. I'll post a shot that I took on the same day as these, where you will see a gardener trimming a tree with a template hanging on it. The time and effort put into managing these gardens are unbelievable, and the results speak for themselves.

I like both images especially the second one with all them steps.. the top is would be a lot better if you could chop that tree down that seems to be in the way.:)

Template Gardening :D

2711590214_c5b73a00b3.jpg

3rd one for me.

Just needs some nice light behind it and that bleeding hotel cloning out lol.

Do they light this at night?

If they do I suspect it would look spectacular at twilight!

Here's one from inside the wall of the gardens, and not from the outside as the first shot.

This was taken from the opposite side all together. I perched myself on a very narrow traffic island running down the middle of a very busy street in order to align myself centre with the stairs.

Many thanks for posting these two new images. I think both of these are better than the original for different reasons. #3 is a real stunner. Much my favourite of the three. I guess there is a crop that eliminates the block of flats, but I like the picture as is.

3rd one for me.

Just needs some nice light behind it and that bleeding hotel cloning out lol.

Do they light this at night?

If they do I suspect it would look spectacular at twilight!

Thanks for your comments Gandhi.
To my knowlege, the gardens are light up at night.

Many thanks for posting these two new images. I think both of these are better than the original for different reasons. #3 is a real stunner. Much my favourite of the three. I guess there is a crop that eliminates the block of flats, but I like the picture as is.

Thanks a lot for all your input Russell.

Back