Bait Island

Edit My Images
No
Bait Island or St Marys Island as it is now known. The lighthouse is a visitor centre dedicated to the local area and wildlife.

St_Marys_.jpg

Great shot Cuddy, I like that very much.

wow.

Great light. Nice composition with a lovely line leading your eye right through the picture, well exposed and sharp.

what else can I say? (y)

That's good that is! (y)

The compositional choice of putting the horizon on the upper third is key to this image. The result is no wasted space at the top and a great inclusion of interest in the foreground. The lighthouse/settlement occupying the vertical third reinforces this composition.

I see from EXIF you used a 1/4 second exposure. Were you there earlier and take any longer exposure shots? Would be interested to see how the colours might come out on a longer exposure.

Great work mate!

Thanks guys for your kind comments.

Juz no not a HDR would not no where to start.

Gary was there earlier, just kept taking pics on different settings, im not a tog more a snapper. Did do some PS on this, adjusted levels till the sky seemed right then lassoed the foreground and adjusted till some detail in the rocks. Im using the Island as a measure of my ability , trying to emulate what others produce.

I like this. The sky is very very nice, and a good composition too.

wot everyone else has said
great composition
great lead in
great exposure
well done sir! :clap:

Bait Island or St Marys Island as it is now known. The lighthouse is a visitor centre dedicated to the local area and wildlife.
Nice shot Cuddy, now I didn't know it was called Bait Island.....but think I might have to go back down for the wildlife, I had to watch how I was walking as not to step on some of the birds....They just weren't bothered.

I doubt you could fault any part of that picture, Quite Superb.

Back