Ballachulish Bridge Panorama

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Originally posted in Fluffy, but seems to have been missed due to crepe title-age on my part ;)

Couple of days ago, I found a bunch of photo's on the hard disk of an old machine I was clearing to give to a mate. Turned out to be the source shots for a rather large panorama, which I now remember was so big, it crashed the machine every time I tried to build it.

Well - with a bigger, faster machine and a shedload more memory - it worked...

3402903304_411d6412a2_b.jpg

or - and I should warn you, it's MAHOOSIVE - click here for original :)

And - before anyone says it - yes, I know that the house is at both ends :LOL:

great pano. how many shots did you take to create this? (if you can recall). merged in ps?

it's 15 shots from my old Ixus v3, all handheld, just turning around a bit each time, nothing particularly scientific. I Literally opened them all in CS4 and hit file/automate/photomerge/add open files on automatic setting, then went away for 15 minutes or so!

After it'd merged them i'd a little bit of a cropping to lose barrel distortions etc, and apparently i'd screwed myself down into the ground be a couple of degrees by the end of the rotation, so i levelled things up as well.

other than that it was fairly painless !

Last edited:
Wow just got back last week from the Isles of Glencoe hotel that you can see halfway through that pic. (y)

Really could have done with the dry weather you had there.

Original photos were september 2003 - quite possibly last time we saw any sunlight in this country!

Back