Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot taken from the North on a pretty miserable day...hand held and cropped. C&C welcome please.

Castle.jpg

Lovely... :)

Would look so good with a nice blue sky though, but this is England.

Nice shot, and a place I would love to shoot myself.
I thinks Dave's edit with more contrast and a slightly darker foreground, is definitely on the right track PP-wise.

Like the shot Steve, hope you dont mind I did a quick edit with contrast layer and darkened the foreground

7063643731_e1f07b333c_z.jpg

Original

Castle.jpg

Hi Dave....i dont mind at all....the edited version looks great and to be honest i did think about trying a little PP work but never having done any previously was not sure how it might turn out. Perhaps i should practice...:thinking:

brilliant pic - the edit helps too

Nice shot- nice edit too, maybe a touch of hdr in PP would enhance it further

Les (y)

heres my take on it

7063643731_e1f07b333c_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your edit Les, but I'm a sucker for this type of HDR

You have found a good viewpoint Steve, makes a nice change from the usual beach shots. It shows off the castle and fortifications well, worth a revisit when the light is kinder.

You have found a good viewpoint Steve, makes a nice change from the usual beach shots. It shows off the castle and fortifications well, worth a revisit when the light is kinder.

Hi Brian...you will know the location pretty well then being up in that WONDERFUL part of the UK...:cool:

I am spending most of my UK time up the coast as my GF is from Newcastle. I intend visiting pretty soon so fingers crossed for a better day (y)

PS i think its amazing how a little processing makes a relatively dull ordinary image come to life...:clap: so thanks to those that have offered a little help with the editing :)

nowhere better in the whole country!

I was there with bowz yesterday and the light was dreadfull, i,ll try and find a decent pic out of all mine but i dont think there was one :thumbsdown:

Hi Steve,

Seems I'm going to go against the grain here but Bamburghs such a well photographed subject that I've seen some stunning images of it...unfortunately for me this isn't one of them, I'll give reasons of course..

Lighting.. by your own admission the lighting is flat and colourless so doesn't help you much

Composition...no lead-in, strong foreground etc to strengthen the shot, the castle is also very central

It's a great subject for sure and one that would well be worth revisiting for better light if you get the chance. Sorry to be negative but it's just my opinion

Simon

Back