Band Photoshoot

ScouseTiegan

Name
Tiegan
Edit My Images
Yes
My favourite is the first image, which is good. Initially I was slightly confused by the amount of people in the photo, I'm not sure the actually graffiti of additional people as hockey people helped...

For me these guys are missing instruments, had you not mentioned they were in a band, I wouldn't associate these images with music!

Thanks Dave.

The were basically promo type shots for the band to use so I/they didn't want to use the instruments. The lads had to travel in 1 car today too.

Appreciate the comment though :)

Not sure they do it for me either. They don't say 'band' to me. The first is very confused with the sign below (as Dave has said) and the tops of buildings behind. The second looks like a guy got bullied and stuck in a basketball hoop and the third is a photo of five guys.

The second is a good idea and could be developed - did you try with other members of the band trying to help him up/down or something that connects them with 'fun' or 'different'?

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but what were you trying to show or get across with these? Promo shots doesn't really give much idea of what you or they were wanting to show? Sometimes the obvious (instruments) is essential so that anyone they are promoting themselves to understands what they are immediately. Especially if they are unknown - forgive me if they are famous!!

Often, you can get a clue and ideas for shots from their band name or song title or style/genre or something and either represent that or twist it or oppose it with your image. Ideas for the actual shots are essential when shooting this kind of stuff.

Thanks Rich.

The band are just a local band from the Welsh Valleys scene. I'm involved with a organisation called Young Promoters Network which helps young bands, photographers, producers, promoters etc to gain experience. (I'm 14). The reason I did a free photoshoot was to gain more experience and feedback without the pressure of being paid.

The band play quite heavy rock stuff. I had originally planned to do the shoot in an abandoned holiday village but the band said they preferred to go to Cardiff Bay as they were scared of trouble at the abandoned site.

That second shot came about accidentally. The lads had been jumping about on the basketball court - hanging from the hoop - the lad on the hoop just climbed up a fence and plonked himself down.

Back