Band practise

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
A few pictures from today. The lighting in the room is absolutely horribl so I had to use flash. Even on ISO 1600 the shutter speed was 1/4 of a second, darn slow lenses. Soo, what d'you think?

3254088114_3da85a89c4.jpg

3253259405_3c5e0721ae.jpg

3253258881_32ff5c6449.jpg

3253257765_c02463fe74.jpg

C&C, (y) or :thumbsdown:?

Well at that speed I'd have liked to have seen some motion..... Flash will pretty much freeze your subject and leaving the lens open would give a nice motion effect.

These look pretty much like snaps 0- try and be more creative with the flash.
Was it an on-camera flash?

Yeah, on camera flash... Not the best for creativity.
There were some with flying hair and suchlike, but they were so noisy and still dark :(

The reason they are dark is because you have not let any ambient light in. Your flash has a small range and has lit only the subject so the background is under exposed and very dark.

I did mean that the ones without flash are too dark. But I won't argue anymore as I know they're not good, if I carry on too much more you'll think I like them :p

Nice sharp shots... I like the b`n`w`s.

Being a drummer in a band myself I`m noticing a distinct lack of snare drum in the first shot...

A drummer... with no snare drum!!! :eek:

Never come across that before. :D

Haha, yes you're right there is no snare drum. The drummer is not actually a drummer so has no kit, the practise rooms don't have a snare drum.... so yeah, no snare drum.

To be honest, it's a very good thing that you can't hear sound in these pictures :D

Haha, yes you're right there is no snare drum. The drummer is not actually a drummer so has no kit, the practise rooms don't have a snare drum.... so yeah, no snare drum.

To be honest, it's a very good thing that you can't hear sound in these pictures :D

Ahh... thanks for the explanation.

And LOL... :D

I have to say... I`ve heard a few bands (and no doubt some would say the same for the band I`m in) that should just be photographed. :LOL:

Back