Banded Demoiselle

Edit My Images
Yes
First of this year, both shots taken around x3 life size. Second is focus stacked from 3 shots. All shots taken handheld.

1000pix version
3540466860_17e38e9aea.jpg

1000pix version
3539907053_37f22ff13b.jpg

Superb shots Alistair, I have to ask though, looking at you exif the shots were taken 9pm ish did you collect these and cool them down by chance as I've not seen anyone get this close to these before or was it dead as it doesn't look dead? Or were you out doing a night hunt in the rain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite scary they are....but very good shots

Very good shots. I especially like the magnifying effect of the water droplets on the eye, kind of like a free extra macro lens courtesy of Mother Nature!

crikey those are good Allie! :clap:
so much detail
the focus stacking really works a treat!

Superb shots Alistair, I have to ask though, looking at you exif the shots were taken 9pm ish did you collect these and cool them down by chance as I've not seen anyone get this close to these before or was it dead as it doesn't look dead? Or were you out doing a night hunt in the rain?

Thanks all for the comments, very much appreciated.

Alby these were shot in the evening, i was out quite late and it was nearly dark when these were taken and showering.

Worked a treat Alistair, like I said seeing these have to be a first for me and I know just how difficult it is to even get close, you've done truly brilliant Mate. :clap:

Quite simply....wow!

Back