Bandstand **two added*

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
This is one from today, ill add a couople more if they turn out good. I really like this shot but id like serious C&C so feel free to tear it apart! I tried it in colour but I thought B&W looked better. Thanks for looking :)

ArndaleandBandstand055_6_7_8_9.jpg

2 added

ArndaleandBandstand040_1_2_3_4.jpg

ArndaleandBandstand045_6_7_8_9.jpg

Last edited:
Really like that photo, has a sense of drama about it!

I personally think the very left hand side is a little dark though, especially the corner and the sky, compared to the rest of the photo, feels a little unbalanced. However that really is nit picking, overall i love it!

Really like that photo, has a sense of drama about it!

I personally think the very left hand side is a little dark though, especially the corner and the sky, compared to the rest of the photo, feels a little unbalanced. However that really is nit picking, overall i love it!

I love my vignette a bit tooo much :)

Well it looks like a carefully set up shot from the point of view of being symmetrical. There's a slight lean to the right which is correctable and not that important, but you did ask. ;)

It's not a bad shot Luke, but what spoils it for me is the very obvious white halo around the bandstand which seems to indicate the sky being quite heavily burned in but leaving that halo. If you could eliminate the halo with a more uniform sky and the visible sky through those back windows at the same level, I reckon you'd have a very worthwhile shot. Whether it's do-able of coursed depends on the original. :)

Well it looks like a carefully set up shot from the point of view of being symmetrical. There's a slight lean to the right which is correctable and not that important, but you did ask. ;)

It's not a bad shot Luke, but what spoils it for me is the very obvious white halo around the bandstand which seems to indicate the sky being quite heavily burned in but leaving that halo. If you could eliminate the halo with a more uniform sky and the visible sky through those back windows at the same level, I reckon you'd have a very worthwhile shot. Whether it's do-able of coursed depends on the original. :)

Thank you for your comment, its actually HDR, 5 exposures then tonemapped. If I want the image like this will the halo have to stay? Im very new to HDR so don't know too much about it yet.

Ah right. Well I'm no authority on HDR, but halos are one of the first things to appear when it's a bit over-cooked. If you've taken 5 exposures I'd expect a better tonal range than you have here Luke - it looks a bit contrasty if anything. I'm sure with 5 exposures you should be able to produce a better result.

Well worth going back to the original files and have another go or two I'd say.

Ah right. Well I'm no authority on HDR, but halos are one of the first things to appear when it's a bit over-cooked. If you've taken 5 exposures I'd expect a better tonal range than you have here Luke - it looks a bit contrasty if anything. I'm sure with 5 exposures you should be able to produce a better result.

Well worth going back to the original files and have another go or two I'd say.

ok thanks will do. Im gonna ost a couple of others now

I think this location and the processing have potential. Just needs a little more work and experimentation. I agree, the halo is a mare. But the second, slightly different view... down low, bandstand 1/3 from left, walkway thingy sweeping around to the right... could be good?

I think this location and the processing have potential. Just needs a little more work and experimentation. I agree, the halo is a mare. But the second, slightly different view... down low, bandstand 1/3 from left, walkway thingy sweeping around to the right... could be good?

Thanks for the comment, down low yes, sweeping to the right no, I tried it but thats literally where it stops and there was a work van there aswell. This is only down the road from me so I will be going back again. :)

number 3 does it for me :)

dont know why? it just does, better angle and positioning probably

The halo is a lot less pronounced in No2, I reckon that's the one to work on for a good HDR image.

Back