Banff in colour

Edit My Images
Yes
Since a few people requested my shot of Banff from sulphur mountain in colour here is a shot taken from near the summit at around the same time with slightly better lighting for colour.

_MG_8044_5_3_tonemapped.jpg

C&C Welcome :)

Gorgeous! Some lost highlights there but not enough to destroy a great image. (y)

What height are you at there?

Part of the trouble with editing on the laptop is noticing the blown highlights etc. I do have bracketed shots of this so the detail is there in the raw files for re-processing when I get home.

As for height, i was at 2,281m (7,486 feet). The town of Banff below is at 1,463 m (4,799.9 ft).

Oh, you are still there! Nice one.

The height difference looks higher. Must bee the (great) lighting.

Have a great trip!

This was shot with the 10-20 which would help exaggerate the distance. I might have another spin at editing this photo to see if i can stop the snow clad mountains blowing out.

I like that it looks like an oil painting to me

Alan

I've got a load of remarkably similar shots from Whistlers mountain looking down on Jasper which would have been my next post :LOL: Good job I looked in here first.

Colours look quite strong but it works. Nice shot!

This & the b&w one are superb but this has the edge for me - thanks for taking the time to re-post ... Paul ;)

Thanks, im sorta torn between this and the B&W version. I dont know which version I prefer.

Back