Banham Zoo

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I went to Banham Zoo today.

Here are the best from around 300 shots.

I had a great time, it was a shame about the weather being so overcast, but at least it didn't rain!

4898797542_6b594d05b1_b.jpg

4898205367_cd4d06c4aa_b.jpg

4898205635_d58df2c53d_b.jpg

4898799482_a021008350_b.jpg

4898800584_87246e50c5_b.jpg

4898801300_af28fe9b8f_b.jpg

Ok.
I feel there are to many distractions, such as the fenceing 1, 7, 11, & 13, you should be concentrating on the subject more, if you were in manual mode, got real close to the fence with the animal a few yards away, you can then focus on the animal the fence will then be out of focus, however doing this can also show the picture as being a little soft..

Not sure about the exif, but they do look as though they have been taken in auto mode. some of the images look a tad soft. number 8 would have looked great if attention had been made to the bird in flight.
The best of the bunch which is much more intereting is 10 the Ass.

Sorry but they do look ordinary shoots, I hate zoos :shake:, i like to get out in the wild and capture nature as it should be caught, much more satisfaction.
Sorry just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks rocket.

All of these were shot in full manual mode, however I felt like I struggled as I was using the 55-250 and it was very overcast so I struggled for light. Perhaps this is why they are a little soft?

As for the fences, I totally agree however there was often a small wooden fence which prevented you from getting right up to the fence, therefore I had to shoot from around 5 foot back.

Craig

If shooting through fences, you are usually better trying to wait until the animal is back from the fence some distance as this then helps to blur it out.

Paul

Examples below.
These were taken by my son who is just getting into photography,got him to send me these. Banham Zoo is just down the road from us, so he was able to spend some time to practise......

Both taken through the fence, hope it can give you some ideas...

Cheeter1.jpg

BanhamCurtis.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

I found that yesterday, however I also found that animals like to lie next to the fence, probably wishing that the idiot with the big lens was on their side of the fence! :D

It is a shame, as 13 I feel could have been a really good shot if it wasn't for the fence in the way.

Last edited:
I see, Rocket.

I guess your son hopped over the little wooden fence then for these shots? Or as Paul mentioned above, the animals were not next to the fence for most of the day! lol. Great shots though, thanks for sharing.

I see, Rocket.

I guess your son hopped over the little wooden fence then for these shots? Or as Paul mentioned above, the animals were not next to the fence for most of the day! lol. Great shots though, thanks for sharing.

No, these were taken through the chain link fence, holding the lens as close as one can to the fence, As the Cheeters were a distance away they were the focus point....

Problem you had, the animals were just to friendly, reckon that would have changed if you went in side.LOL

Last edited:
Back