Barbarians v South Africa in 2 min time lapse

Liking the idea... not to wowed by the result :-( sorry! Think it would work better at a game with full stands, with camera mounted level with the halfway line so its all a bit more symmetrical. Like your thinking though... as above the flashing to stills game shots is distracting too.

I like the flashing to stills. Without them it would just be a few ants running around in the distance. But I think you need to be a bit closer to the action as the players are very hard to see and the stands are pretty dull.

I thought we would be able to see more ebb and flow of the action but instead the play seems to jump about too much. Maybe you need a shot each minute/30 secs (during the game)??

It is something different though so worth exploring.

Yep - I was on 4 frames/min for the entire 5 hours, which was still not granular enough leading to the jumping about of the players. I think I'll go for 8-10 frames/min next time and then speed up the frame rate on the video from 15fps to 25fps.

Hi Andy, I know it would take a lot of editing but if you fitted the still action shots into the short bits of filmed/time lapse action (ideally at the point the still took place!) this would act like a "stills" pause on the time lapse action?. just my thoughts, Kind regards Graham.

Really like it Andy, its different and like Ian said, it looks like ants, would be good if you could use a longer lens to get a bit nearer the action. But as this is only a trial thing it just needs working on and improvement.

Back