Barbon Hill Climb

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Made my yearly pilgrimage to Barbon yesterday (a whole 20 minute drive) to see the mental-cases drive up a country houses' drive at 100mph.
Every year I end up admiring the sheer idiocy required to drive 890 yards at an AVERAGE of 89mph from a standing start and a hairpin.

Spot of tyre warming -

IMG_1579 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

A nervous hand -

IMG_1587 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

View of the start from higher up the hill -

IMG_1594 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

Opposite lock, sir?

IMG_1782 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

Touch of wheel spin off the line -

IMG_1839 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

I hope he had a big memory card!

IMG_1842 copy (Medium) by donnyburger, on Flickr

The whole album here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnyburger/sets/72157626603315519/

Thanks guys. Hoping to get a press pass for the next event, will wait and see!

One note; try and keep your background uncluttered, and if you can't, go a bit nuts on the shutter speed. The chap with the hi-vis on in the Radical shot clutters it a little.

One note; try and keep your background uncluttered, and if you can't, go a bit nuts on the shutter speed. The chap with the hi-vis on in the Radical shot clutters it a little.

Oh, noted! TBH, I wished he would bugger off, I was having a 'boys day out' with my 10 year old son, and don't have the freedom of movement.

I was snapping where I sat, and generally having a nice time. For a change, I wasn't overly fussed about getting technical with it, but I'm working in manual at least! :LOL:

Nice set, i was up too, i'll maybe post a few shots! Isnt the easy to get a clean background i found... lots of Hiviz and orange marshals!

Really like #2... great! You see car 19 i think white subaru come off.... very lucky boy missing all the rocks

Nice set, i was up too, i'll maybe post a few shots! Isnt the easy to get a clean background i found... lots of Hiviz and orange marshals!

Really like #2... great! You see car 19 i think white subaru come off.... very lucky boy missing all the rocks

Yeah, we were at the corner #1 when it happened, and I'd just turned the camera away. Typically had my long lens on at full zoom, too!

Oh, noted! TBH, I wished he would bugger off, I was having a 'boys day out' with my 10 year old son, and don't have the freedom of movement.

I am sure that Rich felt the same way about you! For what it's worth Rich aka Zipp.co.uk follows the British Hillclimb Championship around the country and is a brilliant photographer, he is also a very very nice guy... He worked very hard at getting to the point where he is welcomed at every hillclimb around the UK and the Channel Islands so please don't say things like that about him or any othe the other Hillclimb 'togs' for that matter.... You may find yourself stood next to one of us at some point and it could end up being a little on the embarrassing side to say the least ;)

I am sure that Rich felt the same way about you! For what it's worth Rich aka Zipp.co.uk follows the British Hillclimb Championship around the country and is a brilliant photographer, he is also a very very nice guy... He worked very hard at getting to the point where he is welcomed at every hillclimb around the UK and the Channel Islands so please don't say things like that about him or any othe the other Hillclimb 'togs' for that matter.... You may find yourself stood next to one of us at some point and it could end up being a little on the embarrassing side to say the least ;)

I think he'd take it as banter, as anyone who now stands the 'other side' of the fence should. I spent years thinking 'get out of my bloody way' now people think it of me (though I do try not to block people's shots if I can).

TheStudent said:

Blimey, taken out of context somewhat! It was a light-hearted comment, not aimed at him in particular. Christ!
I've marshalled at Barbon on a 2 wheeled version, and know how damn hard it can be up close.

Back