Barcelona GP circuit

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I will be at Barcelona circuit for the F1 this weekend. What lens recommendations do people have?
Im not there for the sole purpose of photography and its also a stag weekend so im keen only to take one larger lens noted below.

I shoot on a Nikon crop sensor. I do have access to a 1.4 TC

70-200 f2.8
120-300 f2.8

Thoughts?

I'd go for the 120-300mm. I've never been to the track at Barcelona but if it's anything like other F1 standard circuits you'll be miles away from the track behind a big fence, so the more reach the better.

I was there a couple years ago and depends where you are. I had a 70-200 and it was to short from where I was sitting. Do you have seats

No seats, purely roving around. No step ladders either!

Was hoping 70-200 with a 1.4tc would be enough but maybe not.
Thats essentially 98-280mm. Plus my crop factor on top.
Maybe il just take the larger lens and the TC.
Hopefully i wont need anything less than 120mm?

Can always take a 50mm f1.8

There are some good spots around the circuit. I was in a grandstand by the pit lane. My 70-200 was great there but for the longer shots. I needed a longer lens. May 79-200 plus the converter would be best.

I've raced there, but not spectated. Most of the corners have predictably big run offs so you'd be a fair way back from the track, unless you can get to the inside of the corners. Some of the short straights out the back have hardly any run off, so you may get close. It's quite a good technical track, other than the silly last but one corner section, which we don't use.

Back