Barcelona...photo tips please.

Certainly some great places for photo's in Barcelona. However what ever you do don't stop for a drink on Las Ramblas, wife and I did and it cost £20 for two glasses of beer.

Also keep a very close eye on your gear especially arround the las Ramblas area. The only place in the world where even I have seen pick pockets in action and I know of two people who have been beaten up and had possesions stolen.
Dispite all of this it is still a great place and I have enjoyed every minute I have spent there.

There are some good views to be had from the cable car that runs from the waterfront, docks and the Olympic park area, the only difficulty being that the cars are enclosed, well worth a ride though.

Chris

I think we are the only people we know who have successfully avoided being dipped in either Rome or Barcelona. As said, Las Ramblas, the market and through to the Jewish Quarter very photogenic. Luckily the Gaudi cathedral is high enough to see over the swarms of tourists. As everywhere now in Europe, too many tourists for my liking.

I found the outside of La Sagrada Familia a little bit of a let down with all the cranes and scaffolding. The inside however is a different kettle of fish.

La Font Magica once the lights come on is pretty nice. I tried shooting but I had to ramp the ISO right up and my 7D cried tears of noise :(

Well, talk about eventful!! Queue for Sagrada Familia was so long, we gave up so just shot the outside. Headed off to Park Guell, where I managed to fall and break both legs....well one leg and one foot, so both are now in plaster!! So not a good time, all in all. :puke:

Well, talk about eventful!! Queue for Sagrada Familia was so long, we gave up so just shot the outside. Headed off to Park Guell, where I managed to fall and break both legs....well one leg and one foot, so both are now in plaster!! So not a good time, all in all. :puke:

...ouch. Get any good photos though? :thinking:

Oops, sorry! Anyway to end the story, I got flown home by insurance company on a stretcher with a nurse to accompany me, to my local hospital where I had 6hrs of surgery and 10 screws in my leg. One week later, whilst trying to mobilise on the ward with a zimmer frame, I fell and broke my wrist!! Ended up with three limbs in plaster and confined to a wheelchair for the next umpteen weeks.
Fully recovered now.

PS: managed not to damage camera in the fall!!

At least you were in he right place for your wrist (y)
Shame you didn't get to see Barcelona, we were there in June, if anyone else goes then you must must must visit the market half way down Las Ramblas..the food displays are simply stunning and a good chance to get a different photo opportunity.
Get well soon and don't move :)
John

Back