Undecided Barcelona

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I have went back to uni at the ripe old age of 55...I have a module to do on Barcelona and the creativity of Barcelona, I have never been and I was supposed to be going next month but that has been put on a back burner due to politics within the uni... Would anyone like to share any experiences that I have had whilst visiting or photography? All replies are appreciated..

There's loads to photograph in Barcelona: you have the beach area, the Montjiuic area where the Olympic stadium is and that is before you get to all of the art things, like Parc Guell.

Barcelona From Montjuic by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

You will love Barcelona, I’ve been three times and there is always something to see and photograph. Sagrada Familia, Goudi Gardens, lots and lots ;)

There are good views over the city from around the Tibidabo amusement park, or the neighbouring hills. There was an old tram that got you up the last part to Tibidabo.

The Gaudi buildings are beautiful, and have amazing detailing. Park Guell is nice see, though I think they now charge for entering which they didn't do last time visited. It may cut down on the crowds, but I doubt it. ;) :rolleyes:

There is a gothic part of the city with older buildings and narrower streets not in the standard grid pattern of most of the city.

The nightly magic fountain display seems to be temporarily closed because of drought from what I have just read. :eek: I can't see that changing as things get warmer, but you never know.

Last edited:
Still on our family vacation, was in barcelona last week. I can share some experiences when I'm back in a couple days and if you are still interested....

It's an interesting place, a lot of variety and you can easily spend a lot of time there. But still not among my top places to visit in EU.

I just went for a city break a few years ago. WE really enjoyed Barcelona which is large city with many attractions.

Dave

Back