Barcode for Cashback (40D)

Edit My Images
Yes
For the Canon cashback, the bar code they require -- is it the one that is printed onto the cardboard box? There is another barcode (a sticker code, corresponding to Body No.) right above it -- I assume you don't have to send that as well?

I peeled off the sticker and sent it. I have been paid the cashback.

I sent the barcode with the serial no on it and I've had a reply saying I should have my cashback within the next 20 days. :D

Yeah I just cut them all out and sent them in......made a photocopy and took a photo though, just for my own records.

Do they tend to send you an wmail once they have received this stuff in the post?

Simon

moore, the barcode they need is the one from the cardboard box not from the camera itself... i have sent mine in and have received my cashback... my barcode was on the underside of the box and i had to cut it out making a hole which doesn't look all that great, but hey, canon gave me £100 for it so what the heck.... seriously though, don't try to peel it off as it will most definitely tear, i have heard of this happening elsewhere and canon contested the validity of the claim...
just a bit of advice, make sure you photocopy everything your sending (i even photographed the box with and without the barcode)

And remember to send it airmail to Southern Ireland, depending where you are of course, mine went astray because I did not and I had to resend photocopies, it took ages before it was all sorted.

Cheers for that 1DMARKII.

The nice guys in the post office sorted out sending it to southern Ireland for me as I didn't have a clue which part of Ireland it was supposed to be going to! The website just said Ireland!

Cheers again

Siimon

Heck, i did none of the above precautions and just stuck it in the mailbox down the road with a first class stamp on it, i aint even got the box now as i sold the camera.

How long does it usually take canon to send you an email to say they have recieved the info you sent them?

Cheers

Simon

Not really .. the online form is there to fill all the fields before printing it out ... then you send the printed form with cardboard box code.

Back