Bare-throated Tiger-Heron (Costa Rica)

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,

I am just back from 3 weeks in wonderful Costa Rica. After my photo workshop concluded down there I stayed on for 5 extra days and had a wonderful opportunity with this Tiger Heron. Finding this guy in the low light as the sun went down presented some interesting opportunities to include the movement of the water in the image. I stopped WAY down to f/45 in order to get a 3.2 second exposure. I was very happy with the result :)

Any comments on this one are greatly appreciated.

All the best!

Glenn

barethroatedtigerheron0.jpg

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 3.2 sec
Aperture: 45
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Flash: On
ISO: 100
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x

An impressive picture Glenn, as is all of your work (y) What I would find equally impressive is maybe now and again give a bit of C&C from your point of view on some of the other excellent stuff people post up on here ;) but that is just my opinion.

Incredible shot.

When I saw this ...." Bare-throated Tiger-Heron (Costa Rica)" ....I thought it was a joke ...Then when I opened it up it was as far from that as could be...what a cracking shot of a unknown bird to me.
Outstanding technique used on this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith (y)

An impressive picture Glenn, as is all of your work (y) What I would find equally impressive is maybe now and again give a bit of C&C from your point of view on some of the other excellent stuff people post up on here ;) but that is just my opinion.

Hi glen...another great shot, and agree with rich...if you have a bit of spare time,that is....
I'm sure you could teach us a few things (y)...mark

Your image is superb in my opinion,the milky water is lovely which makes this an image i would hang on my wall at home (only if it was free :p),i agree with the two comments above too,we would value some C&C from you too,

john.

Excellent work and something for us all to aspire to. As Rich said it would be great to see some critique from yourself on others photographs.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will try to pop in more for some c&c. But I am in the field for large chunks of the year and often away from the computer.I do honestly get your point though...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will try to pop in more for some c&c. But I am in the field for large chunks of the year and often away from the computer.I do honestly get your point though...

Well take me with you on your next venture Glenn (y) We can discuss the finer points of TP over a glass or two of Martini :D

Stunning, I'm amazed at the sharpnss of the Heron given the exposure time

Andy

Agree with the other posts technically impressive, but afraid I'm going to swim against the flow of the milky water a tad, imo bit too much of contrast between a crisp/clean subject with a slightly unnatural looking backdrop. Still an amazing shot & the fact the heron remained still long enough.

Back