Bargain 60D

I placed my order for a Nikon D90 in the middle of all this going on. I got the £50 off and the D90 has been awaiting dispatch since Monday, today I get a call to say they are not in stock and they may be in in the next 14 days. They have already taken my cash :shrug:
It would be interesting to know if you cancel your order and get a refund if they refund you the full amount, ie £50 extra than already paid, as they did with the cancelled 60D orders. If so i'd be tempted to order an out of stock D90 too :D

Cheers,

John

Just a quick one to those who have received refunds onto there accounts over and above the amount due, please be aware that Tesco's are within there rights to claim back any overpayment for 6 years after the transaction, and for those thinking if you cancel the card the transaction was on that will avoid the refund it will not ;)

Just some friendly advise to avoid later issues (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Yes CS, you are correct to point out my spelling. I wrote my reply at 0400 hrs, with one eye open and peering through my varifocals, with only the hint of daylight glimmering through my west facing window on a cloudy and rainy day. My keyboard is black and without illuminated keys, it is placed quite far forward on my table and I type over the top of all sorts of clutter. I am sure that many other subscribers are familiar with this scenario. As usual I press send without actually proof reading. :bonk:

These are my excuses, much more believable than Tesco's.

Thanks, Matthew for the heads up, I scored with the £50 discount code refund. Perhaps Tesco have given us this as a goodwill gesture. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This is the last reply I got from Tesco, time to let it go - it was fun whilst it lasted.

Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that you are unhappy with the reply you received from me, it wasn't my intention to cause you further frustrations. I hope you can accept my apologies for the typing error with your name.

Whilst I appreciate that you develop web pages in your spare time and therefore know how the systems work, I'm sure that you will know that not all systems are the same and, regrettably, some take longer to update than others. I know that the incorrect price being displayed online was causing you and other customers additional frustration and I have fed this back to our Commercial Team. They will take this into account, moving forward.

Please let me assure you that whilst orders were still being accepted online, we were doing out utmost to stop these once they had gone through the checkout, to prevent any other customers from being affected. We were cancelling most orders before the payment was taken and informing customers' of this as soon as possible.

I am sorry for any confusion caused by the status of order number 46237215. Although this order was accepted online and you will have received conformation, when we tried to obtain the funds, this was declined by your bank. Therefore, no funds were taken and the order was cancelled. The reason the status is showing as 'order processing' is because the camera is supplied by Direktek, one of our direct delivery suppliers. As the camera isn't stored in our warehouse the information on your order page will be inaccurate.

Please let me reassure you that it is not our intentions to mislead any of our customers' so I am very sorry that you were made to feel this way. If we receive any contact from BBC Watchdog or the ASA then, of course, we will fully co-operate with them.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to bring this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive.

Of note is
the camera is supplied by Direktek
Wasn't it quoted as being supplied directly from Canon?

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know if you cancel your order and get a refund if they refund you the full amount, ie £50 extra than already paid, as they did with the cancelled 60D orders. If so i'd be tempted to order an out of stock D90 too :D

Cheers,

John

Price was the best and still is, that I could/can find, so if I cancel I'll be paying more elsewhere. Even If I get the full price back I'll only break even.

All I can say is thank god I did not go for the D90 at Camerabox for £519 :cool:

Steve

haha, got the ASA letter through and they said... "muh, its Tesco - no point arguing with them..." Well not those exact words but thats what they meant

tw * ts, no doubt the TCB or Quidco will not be honoured either.

Last edited:
And to add insult to injury I see this morning Tesco want me to review my 60D (ordered, cancelled, generally messed around with by Tesco)!

Quote: "To help Tesco Direct improve their service and the products they offer shoppers, they work with us to collect reviews. Your feedback will be displayed on Tesco Direct's website, our own website reevoo.com, and on other websites that value 100% real customer reviews like yours."

I think I might just leave feedback!

Chris

First I was sent a customer satisfaction survey, to which I enjoyed completing with the lowest scores for all questions. I was then sent an invitation to review this product. I forwarded the email to the CEO asking if this was some kind of a joke.

If they take the money from your card, doesn't that count as a legally binding contract?
Maybe someone more expert could elaborate.

John Howells said:
If they take the money from your card, doesn't that count as a legally binding contract?
Maybe someone more expert could elaborate.

Not always - their T&Cs are quite clear that they don't accept your order until it has been despatched by them. Once you tick the box saying that you agree to the terms & conditions there's not much you can do...

Not always - their T&Cs are quite clear that they don't accept your order until it has been despatched by them. Once you tick the box saying that you agree to the terms & conditions there's not much you can do...

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining.(y)

And now to compound the injury Reevoo won't publish my (adverse) review because it mentions Tesco. Go figure!

Regards

Chris

Back