Wild Barking CWD + Walk away

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Today is a Chinese water deer, it was a cold morning laying around in the crop again, this deer came from the hedge on my right and started barking, had a bite to eat and then moved away.

Thank you for looking, C&C welcome as always.

1/400 - f5.6 - ISO 1600 - 600mm

CWD Barking
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

1/400 - f5.6 - ISO 2000 - 600mm

CWD Walking away
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

A nice solid portrait for the first Gav. However, and I get the feeling this is your style, I'd much prefer if if the lens was pointed upwards just a little to lose about half of the foreground mush and replace it with more negative space above the subject.

Technically it's spot on, nice and sharp, a good pose and head angle

Mike

A nice solid portrait for the first Gav. However, and I get the feeling this is your style, I'd much prefer if if the lens was pointed upwards just a little to lose about half of the foreground mush and replace it with more negative space above the subject.

Technically it's spot on, nice and sharp, a good pose and head angle

Mike
Thank you, Mike, I need to kick the habit, not sure why I do it, apart from keeping the camera level, may be my OCD :LOL: I'll try and remember and get it into practice (y)

Very nice wildlife style capture Gav, well composed with some fine detail.

"At the risk of saying I'm jumping on the band wagon, I do agree with the comments offered by Mike"

Very nice wildlife style capture Gav, well composed with some fine detail.

"At the risk of saying I'm jumping on the band wagon, I do agree with the comments offered by Mike"
Thank you, George, thanks for the feedback, I just need to break the habit now, also think about the edit stage a bit more too (y)

Back