Barn Owl & Prey

Have to Agree with the Comments.

Clutching the Prey as well excellent

Regards.

Last edited:
Lovely image Nigel (y)

Cracking shot of an elusive (well it is for me) bird.

Can you crop it so the bird is not quite so central, give it more space to fly into?

Hi, have to agree with everyone, simply superb! Being new to everything from photography to forum, I'd like to ask how you managed to get it soooo sharp:help:
I have a sigma 150-500 and have problems getting anything that moves in focus and, if it's in focus there is a lot of noise. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Hi, have to agree with everyone, simply superb! Being new to everything from photography to forum, I'd like to ask how you managed to get it soooo sharp:help:
I have a sigma 150-500 and have problems getting anything that moves in focus and, if it's in focus there is a lot of noise. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Years of practice, lots a patience, some luck and loads of images in the recycle bin. You need to balance the best shutter speed for the image you want with the best ISO you can get away with, not always possible. Post processing is where a good image can be made into a very good image. My rule of thumb (as a guide only) is to do things in the right sequence;

(high IOS) use any available noise reduction software
Crop as required
Adjust any level, contract, etc.
Sharpen.

For website i.e. Flickr, I resize the image and re-apply some sharpening.

Hope this helps.

Cracking shot of an elusive (well it is for me) bird.

Can you crop it so the bird is not quite so central, give it more space to fly into?

I often do that, but seemed to prefer this one central. Personal taste I suppose.

Back