Barn Owl

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Everyone who knows me on here will know I have been dying to get some barn owl pics.Have been to Norfolk but was really a little late for them to be showing well all day did see the odd one in the middle of the day but most were showing early morning.The weather wasn t to good either in the mornings only got the sun a couple of times when they were out,so I have quite a mixed bag some with better light and some on cloudy days but at least its a start.

barnowl-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is lovely Karen,simply excellent......(y)

What a great shot. Stunning.

Yup, well caught(y)(y)

Very fine shot indeed.

Nice capture Karen, well done under far from perfect conditions

Very nice indeed, Karen.

Here is another take on it.
Please say and I'll bin.
May not be to your / others' taste.

Gone !

Last edited:
Love the subtle colours :) and just look at that eye....superb.
Clive.

Lovely, absolutely lovely, You always seem to make the best of everything and I admire your work.

Can I come and stay with you for a while for lessons?:LOL:

Great shot Kaz, congrats on getting them and look forward to seeing some more from you :clap::clap:

Gorgeous, and what lovely light.

Nice image kaz, good to see you got a shot of one of these. Did you get to see and get pics of any other 'new to you' species on your trip, like the lesser kestrel at Minsmere.

This is a beautiful shot Karen.. great bokeh and quite serene, owl flying into the picture.. love it! :)

Were you on a photographic workshop or just taking a break and spending hours waiting..? I have real difficulty finding barn owls and when I do come across them I'm normally in the car (with no camera) :crying:

Dom

Lovely image....Any Beardies??? ;)

Matty you must be joking don t think I will ever get that lucky

Nice image kaz, good to see you got a shot of one of these. Did you get to see and get pics of any other 'new to you' species on your trip, like the lesser kestrel at Minsmere.

Thanks lammie I did get a few species I haven t got didn t go to Minsmere,was gutted though the snow buntings had gone 4 days before I got there so I had missed them

This is a beautiful shot Karen.. great bokeh and quite serene, owl flying into the picture.. love it! :)

Were you on a photographic workshop or just taking a break and spending hours waiting..? I have real difficulty finding barn owls and when I do come across them I'm normally in the car (with no camera) :crying:

Dom

Cheers Dom I was on hol for a week and we did spend hours waiting and travelling round looking ,to be honest earlier in the year is better you will see them more often then during the day so will be going probably be going the begining of March next time

Congratulations Kaz on getting your Barn owl shot . Well worth the wait , lovely image :clap:

Back