Barn Owl

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Have had a great time watching and photographying the barn owls, here's one of many, a young male I believe

barnowl29x2.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Eagle has landed eh! Kaz? And what a stunner to bring back to us(y) Are these close to you or have you been on a field trip?

Well the Eagle has landed eh! Kaz? And what a stunner to bring back to us(y) Are these close to you or have you been on a field trip?

Hi Rich, I am in Norfolk, where I come quite often came for a week to try for the owls, weather has been a bit hit and miss so having to wait round for hours and drive round looking but have had a good few days so have took god knows how many will take ages to sort out, but just did this one to see how they looked.

Hi Rich, I am in Norfolk, where I come quite often came for a week to try for the owls, weather has been a bit hit and miss so having to wait round for hours and drive round looking but have had a good few days so have took god knows how many will take ages to sort out, but just did this one to see how they looked.

Well you did good Kaz, sorry I did not comment much on the bird but I think the picture really speaks for itself imo. And whilst I am on the subject of praise :LOL: If anybody reads this reply then just take the time to check out this http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=108839 There are some excellent photograhers here on this forum, many of them I have not known that long and the majority came in posting good images from the start. As for you Kaz I have kinda known you in a way from the day I joined TP, and you always seem to achieve that little bit extra. Something a lot of newcomers should aspire to if they check out that link. Well done (y)

Well you did good Kaz, sorry I did not comment much on the bird but I think the picture really speaks for itself imo. And whilst I am on the subject of praise :LOL: If anybody reads this reply then just take the time to check out this http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=108839 There are some excellent photograhers here on this forum, many of them I have not known that long and the majority came in posting good images from the start. As for you Kaz I have kinda known you in a way from the day I joined TP, and you always seem to achieve that little bit extra. Something a lot of newcomers should aspire to if they check out that link. Well done (y)

Awww Rich thanks for that you are a good mate, that link made me laugh seems ages ago and I have learnt so much since then and made some good friends on here and met loads. Would love to meet you someday and sample those yummy cakes you send me pics of :LOL: I love it when you go into story mode I never know what you are going to say next :LOL: and you have been getting some great birds just lately.

Is that the best you can do? Seriously though, you'll have to go some to better that! For me, thats the perfect pose for a flight shot, well done.

That's a good 'un kaz. Have a look around the Titchwell/Thornham area, there's been a Juv Northern Harrier (bit of a rarity) sighted most days for the last few weeks especially in the afternoon.

Last edited:
great pic there Kaz. I have been watching one round near me for about a week.. they are a great looking bird ..

Truly is a nice capture, typical owl hovering shot. Well done Karen.

Regards: Gordon

Simply stunning Kaz. Absolutely Simply Stunning!!

How long are you in Norfolk for... and where abouts are you based?

Lovely image Kaz (y) Glad you had a great time .

hi karen
what can i say thats not been said already lost for words on this one honey
regards ian

Hi Kaz,i am stuck for words :shrug:,you just keep getting better and better,Going back to what Rich (umyufo)about when you first started out,well i can thank you for a lot of my inspiration,i had just got myself a 450D and was searching the net for bird sites and i came across yours,those images made me want to get something similar,any way after two years and some equipment changes i hope i am going in the right direction,thanks to you,you keep giving me the inspiration to get out as often as i can,i am now self employed and i am working more than ever :thinking:,but its a joy to come on here and see yours and others great images,

hurry up and get the others up,

take care ,
John.

John thanks so much for those kind words and I must say I think everyone has improved on here and thats what it should all be about, don t know if anyone will notice I have changed the image just altered the comp but only slightly you probably wouldn t have even noticed its just me.:p

That's a good 'un kaz. Have a look around the Titchwell/Thornham area, there's been a Juv Northern Harrier (bit of a rarity) sighted most days for the last few weeks especially in the afternoon.

Didn t see it lammie but there were a lot of twitchers about so I assume thats what they were looking for

Simply stunning Kaz. Absolutely Simply Stunning!!

How long are you in Norfolk for... and where abouts are you based?

And Toby fancy you being only 15 minutes away shame I was leaving that day, maybe meet up another time

Kaz10 that is quite possibly the best barn owl pic in flight I have ever seen!

How do you guys find where these wonderful birds are?

What lens and camera did you use?

Truly brilliant shot..... I hope one day I could get a fraction of how good yr photos are ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Back