Barn Owl

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
I know this one will not be to everyones taste because of the wire, it was taken just as the light was fading and to me is a natural shot (which I much prefer ) and thats where he was resting on a typical countryside post. So I used the wire to aid the composition but I do wish they would tidy up wire that is left like this though incase of any danger to wildlife.

barnowl121.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely natural shot karen,i really do love these birds they are one of my favorites.

As always Karen, a joy to look at your work, Like yourself I prefer the more "natural" shots, and this is a cracker!

The wire, to me is a nice addition as it shows more of the environment, we've all seen these posts before (without the owl :LOL:)

Lovely composition too, As said, wonderful!

(y)

I agree with you that the wire looks a real wildlife hazard, and is a distraction in the picture. The owl on the other hand is a lovely picture, it must be so good to see one like this, the dark BG adds to the shot because they are nocturnal so this all works, a beautiful creature and well taken Kaz (y)

at least its not the dreaded barbed wire really like this kaz very natural nicely captured
regards ian

Another beauty. Like the post and the wires as they add to it I think.

Agree - nice composition and lovely capture of the bird.
I am still to photograph the Barn Owl myself - one of my goals!
Kind regards
Ian

You have done everything you can with the composition sometimes it's just where they land i don't mind it myself, i actually quite like it (y)
Regards
Richard

doesnt bother me one bit, as you said kaz, its their natural environment. lovely shot again

I like it Kaz (y) we are all guilty of the full frame shot but sometimes it's nice too see a environment image, composition work's well :clap:

This is a lovely photograph. The wire does add to the excellent natural feel. I love these birds (all raptors really) so thanks for sharing this.

lovely shot Kaz. The wire doesn't bother me personally from a picture point of view, just a wildlife side of things!

Really nice capture tho!

Back