Barn Owl

Name
ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
Great time early this evening, watching barn owl. At one point a kestrel spotted the owl had dived and swooped onto it on the ground...
This is a local wild bird, what with naff weather and time constraints (picking up kids from school and going to work) I cant get up there as much as i'd like.
All taken iso 3200; f5.6

1/200

1/320

1/125

1/250

great set :clap:

A nice set, looks like its clocked you in No2.

A nice set, looks like its clocked you in No2.

thanks guys for responses
minnnt, he swooped on the owl on the floor, the owl moved about 50ft, the kestrel tried once more then gave up.
Number 4 is also my fave, pity you don't get a slight glimpse of its eye

They all look a bit soft and very noisy to me. I can't see the exif so I assume the light was poor and they are either at high iso or big crops (or both)??

That said, the composition is decent, the exposure looks about right and I'd be happy to have the opportunity to shoot these in that environment.

Ciaran the OP is a friend of mine ,and kevin knows about my barn owl spot and as just got confused as we do (kevin and i) see and speak regular ,the connection with me is their kevs just got mixed up on this occasion...

Very good!!

I thought kevin was referring to the double post prior to his by dennis/deno (ie nice set of posts)

Brash these were as first post : iso 3200 f5.6 various shutter speeds. The light wasn't good, last 1/2hr of light and overcast.

I thought kevin was referring to the double post prior to his by dennis/deno (ie nice set of posts)

Brash these were as first post : iso 3200 f5.6 various shutter speeds. The light wasn't good, last 1/2hr of light and overcast.

Aye, I thought the conditions weren't too favourable. As said, good to see them tho.

Back