Barn Owl

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Dead chuffed! Not known (at all) for my wildlife stuff but I was really happy to capture this.

Not the best or technically correct but for me it was a first - in flight and in the wild. (I know - faster shutter speed, higher ISO ~ etc. but this was on my way to work)

Barn Owl by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Lovely to see it and have the opportunity to photograph it, well done :)

The technicalities aren't everything Barry, this is a very nicely composed shot of a beautiful bird. Great stuff.(y)

George.

Its always nice just to watch them in the wild. at least you know what you could have done better for next time (y). i don't think I'm awake most days on my way to work so very impressed you saw an owl lol

Lovely to see it and have the opportunity to photograph it, well done :)

Thanks Gramps... I know you're genuine in your praise

The technicalities aren't everything Barry, this is a very nicely composed shot of a beautiful bird. Great stuff.(y)

George.

Thank you. I know I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times - sometimes frustratingly so ;)

Its always nice just to watch them in the wild. at least you know what you could have done better for next time (y). i don't think I'm awake most days on my way to work so very impressed you saw an owl lol

Cheers - I was quite mesmorised at times... there were two of them at one point. I'd seen it for a couple of days - thought I'd take a camera (and stuff) but didn't think I was going to be this lucky :)

Good image good control of the whites and good detail
As said a lovely bird to see, and to photograph
People focus too much in technicalities in photography at times
Enjoyed viewing this

Thanks - as said, I can be a perfectionist sometimes - I end up being my own worst enemy! :) Beautiful creature.

From what you say..ie. en-route to work and not hiding in grass or a hide it's a great shot. I see these shots of owls in flight on here and wonder how on Earth folks get them. I've never seen an owl in flight.

From what you say..ie. en-route to work and not hiding in grass or a hide it's a great shot. I see these shots of owls in flight on here and wonder how on Earth folks get them. I've never seen an owl in flight.

It truly was 'on my way to work'. I'd seen it a couple of times over the last couple of months and wished I'd have had my camera... so, on the off-chance, I took it and was rewarded with this. In all honesty, I'd seen a sparrowhawk more often and that was my quarry.... just got lucky. (And I was a bit late for work :) )

You need only to have shown your boss/team the photo and I'm sure they'd have forgiven you being late..:)

Back