weekly BarrySprout's 52 for 23 - Week 52 - Complete!

Has a real sense of finality about it. The passport, once ripped is definitely not being used again. Good idea with the news story to explain why.

Clever clogs shot of the week :D

Sorry if it's a bit creepy but it had to be done.
Just look what she gets up to when her eyes aren't taped.....

EDIT TO ADD: hopefully the first image has uploaded correctly now, you need to lock eyes with her for a moment for the full effect :oops: :$

giphy.gif

Am I seeing things? by barrysprout, on Flickr

Scene of the crime by barrysprout, on Flickr

Attachments

• download.gif
    download.gif
    345.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Fantastic work on unsightly Colin! :clap:

Great subject, beautifully lit, and the sparkly bokeh in the hair in the BG completes it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It seems although slightly disturbing it was quite well received (y)

This week should cause slightly less uneasiness.

Week 29 - Pretty & Tech close-up

Week 29 - Pretty by barrysprout, on Flickr

Last edited:
Another really great shot. Shallow dof but focus spot on the critical edges of the petals. Well lit, well composed and very nicely processed to give a compelling, slightly abstract, rose image.

^^^^ That! The frame makes it look like it's a photo of a printed photo!

Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Two great shots Colin. The b&w treatment of the rose is spot on, and a great take on the windows theme.

Week 31 - Abandoned

I knew where I was going to go this week for the abandoned shot but didn't realise quite how overgrown the place now was.

Plean country house

Week 31 - Abandoned by barrysprout, on Flickr

While walking in the park I also snapped another to fit the theme and it's possibly a stronger image but I like the fact that my main shot is not immediately obvious.

Take 2..

Week 31 - Abandoned - 2 by barrysprout, on Flickr

And to give a better idea of where I was shooting here is a wider shot of Plean country house/bushes

P8080012 by barrysprout, on Flickr

And for a better idea of what lurks beneath here is a shot from 2012

Plean House by barrysprout, on Flickr

Nice set :)

Yeah - great story and nice to have the "original" view of the house.

The abandoned jacket has quite a pop from the red. I think your chosen shot works the best though, as you say not immediately apparent - but whe you do spot the top of the roof poking through the trees.. It was nice to have the further info to explain.

There's something in there somewhere. It certainly shouts abandoned. Love the autumnal version.

Abandoned - nice, that's really gone to nature since 2011!!!!

Possessions - a nice set for memories!

Awww, lovely idea for possessions. I have a few similar from my parents.

Nice bit of machinery. That gull's intentions look suspect!

Back