weekly BarrySprout's 52 for 23 - Week 52 - Complete!

Top of the Wallace monument is very impressive, bet the builders were scratching their heads when on that.
Forgotten, yes been there/ done that and best forgotten. Local shop has a collection of sticks behind the counter which people have left after being served

Oooooh nice one Colin :)

Nice take on the theme. That horizontal line looks a bit odd as it extens out of the frame.

Nice take on the theme. That horizontal line looks a bit odd as it extens out of the frame.
Thanks, the horizontal line has been introduced when uploaded to Flickr (has happened a few times to my uploads now) it’s not on the file on my pc. I’ll re upload when back at the desktop.

Thanks for pointing it out as I missed it completely, just uploaded and posted. Didn’t think to check.

Edit: hopefully sorted now.

Last edited:
Lovely colours, nice definition on the gate and the DoF is just right.

Thanks, the horizontal line has been introduced when uploaded to Flickr (has happened a few times to my uploads now) it’s not on the file on my pc. I’ll re upload when back at the desktop.

Thanks for pointing it out as I missed it completely, just uploaded and posted. Didn’t think to check.

Edit: hopefully sorted now.
Yep - it's gone :)

I like that.

Opens up a whole bunch of questions.

The only think I'd say about it (and this is an observation, not a criticism) is that I find it hard to work out the scale.

On my phone it looked like a full-size (i.e. human size) gate. Viewing it on a monitor, my first thought was that it could be one of those 'fairy-sized' ornamental gates.

I like that.

Opens up a whole bunch of questions.

The only think I'd say about it (and this is an observation, not a criticism) is that I find it hard to work out the scale.

On my phone it looked like a full-size (i.e. human size) gate. Viewing it on a monitor, my first thought was that it could be one of those 'fairy-sized' ornamental gates.
I see what you mean and I quite like that it makes one think. In reality the gate is around two feet tall.

Nice kit and nice light! I think I'd have put the empty space on the other side :)

Yup, tick boxes everywhere. Lovely lighting.
Thanks Helen, single light held at arms length with a small modifier on it.
Good lighting, very nice bit of wood and all boxes ticked. (y)

Thanks Keith
Nice kit and nice light! I think I'd have put the empty space on the other side :)
That’s just what they’ll be expecting us to do! Now don't call me Shirley :D
Nice one Colin, nice bit of wood, good lighting.

Pete
Thanks Pete, The wood is one of Mrs Sprouts side tables recently purchased and has a lot of interesting angles to it. I can see them being used a lot for props.

Wall, road leads the eye well in this image.

Autumnal, some nice colours left in the tree, interesting sky, nice details.

Pete

Personally I've always found them to be a distraction, but each to their own.

An original take on the theme, and well executed.

Personally I've always found them to be a distraction, but each to their own.

An original take on the theme, and well executed.
:D I actually spent 10 minutes trying to find out how to turn them on in content manager just for the image.

Interesting, made me look at it properly, but it needs explanation for me. I’m not very good with understanding abstract!

Interesting, made me look at it properly, but it needs explanation for me. I’m not very good with understanding abstract!
Love it!

Don't know how you did it (but that's not the point).
Thanks, the shot is of a shower head, hand held and pointing directly at the camera (iPhone) Because I took the shot it was still obvious to me what it was so I processed further to make it more abstract and hopefully portray “wet”

I thought it looked like it had been taken underwater which I quite liked.

Great interpretation and execution for the theme (now I know what it is!). Hope the phone is OK! :LOL:

Nice one! Tell us more :)

Tell us more

I can't tell much more than the picture says already. The wooden cross is near a grave I visit and over the years I have watched it deteriorate. It immediately sprung to mind when the theme was announced.
"old rugged cross" came to mind. The hope that we don't become residents until we are old.

Week 51 - Festive

Well it's that time of year again. Overspending, overeating over staying my welcome.
Vegetarians suggesting that Turkeys deserve better, but who thinks of the sprouts? Many of my kind give their lives year after year and then people complain of how we taste!

Anyway, Merry Christmas from the festive sprout!

Week 51 - Festive Sprout by barrysprout, on Flickr

Back