Basketball

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
The level of this game is like lower non league football.. Its lower league and second teams of lower league .. However the hall they played in had better lighting than most higher level venues I go to.. Played Sunday 1st Nov 2015 -- 200 plus pics at www.kipax.com

bb_001.jpg

bb_002.jpg

bb_003.jpg

bb_004.jpg

bb_005.jpg

bb_006.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff, numbers 3, 4 and 8 would be my picks but nothing wrong with any of them.

What focal length was 3 taken with?

Great stuff, numbers 3, 4 and 8 would be my picks but nothing wrong with any of them.

What focal length was 3 taken with?

All the exif is still in place... that was 70 using the short end of a 70-200 :)

All nice clean sharp shots. Can't help looking at #4 and thinking indoor football and that's a handball. I appreciate in most gyms the background can be a major pain. The only other thing I would have liked to see and I know you have some as I peeked at your website, is where the ball is not stuck to the players hand. Overall a good set.

The only other thing I would have liked to see and I know you have some as I peeked at your website, is where the ball is not stuck to the players hand..

Good point.. I hadn't noticed that :)

They are great - really seem to pop of the screen, love the perspective of the ball forward of the players in no1

Always great so see b-ball images here on TP - hopefully one day I get to post mine here as well!!
Good stuff as always @KIPAX !!

Always great so see b-ball images here on TP - hopefully one day I get to post mine here as well!!
Good stuff as always @KIPAX !!

Do what I do and drop well below BBL and you can post what ya like haha... All the best for the new yr mate :?)

Nice shots but I feel that the last one is a bit distracting with the spectators in the background. Perhaps a faster lens on different angle could have sold this issue although, wouldn't we all like a faster lens if money grew on trees!

Do what I do and drop well below BBL and you can post what ya like haha... All the best for the new yr mate :?)

Maybe I should get to few of those... unfortunately the BBL/Continental/International games pay... :)
All the best for your New year as well... hopefully catch-up somewhere in 2016!

Maybe I should get to few of those... unfortunately the BBL/Continental/International games pay... :)

I only do paid ones nowerdays :) probably not as much as you get but I certainly got aid to do these.. hence why they go on facebook wiht no watermark ..

Nice shots but I feel that the last one is a bit distracting with the spectators in the background. Perhaps a faster lens on different angle could have sold this issue although, wouldn't we all like a faster lens if money grew on trees!

it was on 2.8 and although i can go f2 its more important to get two players in focus.. as the people in background are only a couple of feet away it would be hard to get them too much out of focus... as for different angle? seriously ? :)

ta :)

Super set and another vote for #4.

I wonder if a much closer crop to erase as much non-subject matter as possible would make some of these much stronger?

4 is a great shot, shame about the stowed goal in the background but I guess you get that witha gym hall.
number 5 is a photoshop, white men can't jump ;)

Super set and another vote for #4.

I wonder if a much closer crop to erase as much non-subject matter as possible would make some of these much stronger?

All my pics are cropped 7x5/A4 for online sales :)

great shots! And what does it for me is that I used to play but can't now - and seeing these really makes me want to still play - bringing the sport to life, very nice!

No 4 & 6 are my favourites. The determination on the players face, the colours and sharpness.
Do you use a custom WB or just rely on auto WB?

No 4 & 6 are my favourites. The determination on the players face, the colours and sharpness.
Do you use a custom WB or just rely on auto WB?

I have to set the white balance in places like that.. I dont shoot RAW so set white balance first.. hate all this take a rubbish picture and fix later nonsense :)

Thanks for the info Tony.
I would imagine you also shoot manual along with the custom WB to give a constant look to the photos.

Thanks for the info Tony.
I would imagine you also shoot manual along with the custom WB to give a constant look to the photos.

yeagh for indoors steady light throughout the room..

EXIF in place for all the pics... for example pic #1

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D X
Lens: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Image Date: 2015-11-01 15:31:47 +0000
Focal Length: 70.0mm
Aperture: ƒ/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.0008 s (1/1250)
ISO equiv: 12800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Creator: www.kipax.com
Copyright: www.kipax.com/copy.php
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)

yeagh for indoors steady light throughout the room..

If only all indoor venues would have constant lighting and constant WB :)
Majority of indoor venues in the UK are not designed to host sporting events - so the lighting is placed accordingly.
There are certain venues that have a great constant light/WB - other ones... you can have three to four different exposures and WB 'zones' on the court.

Fab stuff as always Tony.

Back