Beginner Bass Rock Landing Trip - Tips and Advice!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Im going on the Bass Rock landing trip run by the sea bird centre the week after next. Im very excited but at the same time apprehensive as I do hope for good images.

I was going to take my 6d mkII plus my 24-105mm IS L f4 lens and my 70 - 300mm IS L. I have got a 17 -40 L but not sure ill need anything wider than 24 and want to go light. Is the 6d the right camera... should i carry my 450d body also so suddenly ive a 420mm lens in my 300mm... or do i just crop! I was also thinking no tripod? Maybe a monopod though?

Has anyone been before! Id be glad of any advice people could give. Especially on camera settings for birds in flight! Like i say ive not done much like this before.

Was there many years ago and you were tripping over the gannets. You can take a longer lens for in flight photos but you have to focus on the close ups. Not many places where you can get within inchEs of these magnificent birds. Good luck and look forward to seeing the photos!

Was there many years ago and you were tripping over the gannets. You can take a longer lens for in flight photos but you have to focus on the close ups. Not many places where you can get within inchEs of these magnificent birds. Good luck and look forward to seeing the photos!

Do u think I should take my 16-40mm then?

I would take it. I would not bother with tripod or monopod. Good luck, I am hoping to go in a few weeks

Strong boots or wellies and a nose clip, Gannet colonies tend to be dirty, smelly places.

Strong boots or wellies and a nose clip, Gannet colonies tend to be dirty, smelly places.
Yes boots looked out... Ive watched a few videos that others have posted from the island and it looks Kayos... really looking forward to it now... It's on Monday!

ANY other tips from anybody!!! ???

Back