Batch processing - resizing in photoshop, help please

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to run the 'Image Processor' tool in photoshop CS5 to open a load of images and save them as 1024px at the longest side.

The problem I have is, the option says Resize to Fit: Width and Height.
If some images are portrait and some are landscape, this obviously wont work by me just typing 1024px Wide.

Anyone else come across this issue, or have an easier way to bulk resize in photoshop? :help:

I expect there is a much better way, but for simple fix, you could do it in 2 goes. First open all the landscapes formats you want to do, resize, then do the portraits.

Just a thought. (you'll get loads of replies as well now I've said this I expect ;) )

Far simpler is to download eazy thumbnail, it's free easy and quick and will resize portrait and landscape in one go to whatever size you want (not just thumbnails) it will resize a batch to say 1024 on the longest side in seconds.

Fit Image is the correct way of doing it.
The width is the maximum width and the height is the maximum height.
Think about Fit Image as it resizing to fint the image into a box with the dimensions you have given it.

There is no need to seperate landscape and portrait.
Example:
If you gave a width of 1024, height of 1024 both portrait and landscape longest side would be 1024.

If you gave a width of 800 and height of 600 landscape longest side would be 800, portrait longest side would be 600

Fit Image is the correct way of doing it.
The width is the maximum width and the height is the maximum height.
Think about Fit Image as it resizing to fint the image into a box with the dimensions you have given it.

There is no need to seperate landscape and portrait.
Example:
If you gave a width of 1024, height of 1024 both portrait and landscape longest side would be 1024.

If you gave a width of 800 and height of 600 landscape longest side would be 800, portrait longest side would be 600

Thanks - this worked perfectly

Back