BATH ABBEY.

If I'm being totally honest, this doesn't do anything for me. Sorry, thought I'd be honest, rather than lead you into a fall sense of security.

Points that I picked up on:

1) It looks a little soft. Maybe posting full size photo from Flickr or something would help
2) The subject itself doesn't seem very interesting. Perhaps a different view and something to give a sense of scale would be better.
3) I find the fact the flag pole is cropped/very near the edge of the frame to be a big distraction for me.

Keep it up though and try to take all the critique on the chin and to to let it stop you. At least your out taking photos which is more than can be said for myself. :D

Not in focus?but you can see the small wires holding the flag pole.?

Not in focus?but you can see the small wires holding the flag pole.?

But the windows on that left side are slightly soft. When I look at this I'm not really interested in the wires on the flagpole, but the architecture. What settings did you use?

Theirs me thinking at over a mile away it was quite good back to the drawing board.lol.

Because you're shooting through so much atmospheric haze, it's always a tall order to produce a sharp image.

Trying again very early in the morning shortly after the sun has risen may improve things.

yeah, it looks like heat haze to me, no chance of getting it sharp in those conditions really....

Did you have to crop the image much to produce that picture? Did you also use a small aperture (f16 or less). Those might also account for the softness.

In terms of composition, it would have been better not to crop off the very top of the flagpole, and to allow a little more space around the subject generally.

Back