Bath time

I think it needs a little lift in exposure as it appears a little dark to me, but apart from that, its a nice shot. Sharp where it needs to be sharp, and shows some movement in the body. With a little tweek, it would be much better.

Are you able to selectively increase exposure to specific areas of the shot?

Just feel the duck could pop a little more.

I`m not sure that brightening it works Hayley, I don`t think it improves on the original to be honest.I`m sure somebody better at PP than I can suggest ways to lift it a bit.

You have caught the action of the shot quite well.

Big watermark isn`t nice Hayley.

EEdit............I have just tried adjusting the levels only,it brightens quite nicely,give it a go.

Last edited:
I`m not sure that brightening it works Hayley, I don`t think it improves on the original to be honest.I`m sure somebody better at PP than I can suggest ways to lift it a bit.

You have caught the action of the shot quite well.

Big watermark isn`t nice Hayley.

thanks

and I'm know the water mark is horrid but I'm not having people take my photos it might not stop everyone but it will deter

@hayley.price

I edited my post Hayley.

"Edit............I have just tried adjusting the levels only,it brightens quite nicely,give it a go."

A good action shot Hayley, Ducks can make for an intresting shot imo.Did a quick edit using levels,curves,contrast and highlights,not sure what you think?

14672860148_f550d5e6f2_c_zps44597302.jpg

Here's my 5 min edit and I removed the Watermark in seconds :p

Les ;)

Haha fully aware you lot could remove it but you could properly take a better picture it still deters the ones that can't lol

I guess so, a watermark can be removed if you have Photoshop etc. Yours is not a bad image, just needs tweaking a little

Les ;)

When photographing a bird, or photographing any wildlife, never corner the animal. Be mindful that the bird has a way of escape if it gets scared. This helps to ensure that the bird does not begin to fear all humans because of one disrespectful one.

When photographing a bird, or photographing any wildlife, never corner the animal. Be mindful that the bird has a way of escape if it gets scared. This helps to ensure that the bird does not begin to fear all humans because of one disrespectful one.

this duck is on a river on the edge of the church in the middle of the town centre there are 100's of people there daily the river has a bridge to the left that has a small tunnel under it that leads away from the busy area yet all the ducks and duckling choose to stay in the open area out of there own free will they also nest along the bank and the islands in the middle of the river.

this duck is on a river on the edge of the church in the middle of the town centre there are 100's of people there daily the river has a bridge to the left that has a small tunnel under it that leads away from the busy area yet all the ducks and duckling choose to stay in the open area out of there own free will they also nest along the bank and the islands in the middle of the river.

Take no notice Hayley, someones idea of a useful comment

Back