Bath time

I like the b and w processing, nice sharp eyes but would have like a bit more of the forehead.

A sweet image, I agree about the forehead. What's the weird black reflections in the eyes? Think I,d try and lose them if cropping so tight

I like the b and w processing, nice sharp eyes but would have like a bit more of the forehead.

Thanks Kev, I might have a less tightly framed one, this one is as shot, no crop. Will have a look in a bit. Though I quite like it as it is...

A sweet image, I agree about the forehead. What's the weird black reflections in the eyes? Think I,d try and lose them if cropping so tight

Thanks Bruce. Not sure about those reflections. Me and his mum possibly. Will see what I can do about them, I hadn't noticed until you said about them.

Last edited:
Thanks Kev, I might have a less tightly framed one, this one is as shot, no crop. Will have a look in a bit. Though I quite like it as it is...

Ian, like the second one, for the first one it was just something I thought would look better but the main thing is you need to be happy with which ever you prefer.

Thanks

Love these, fantastic pp (is this what they call "high key"?) and something to cherish for years to come. I keep meaning to do similar shots of our now 1 year old before he becomes a terrible toddler :)

Love these, fantastic pp (is this what they call "high key"?) and something to cherish for years to come. I keep meaning to do similar shots of our now 1 year old before he becomes a terrible toddler :)

Thanks Tony. It's sort of high key I guess. Used curves adjustment to lighten the skin, and increase the blacks so his eyes were the focus of the shot.

Finley has shots taken on a weekly basis, which was more like daily when he was younger. 15 months later there's around 10,000 shots for him to look back on when he's older. Get shooting!! They change so quickly at this young age.

I too prefer the original tighter shot great work

Thanks Paul, I do too as it's a little different. I was only testing out a new lens with theses shots, so I'm pleased how they turned out.

Wow 10000 shots already... Make the most of it as when they get older they do not like us taking pictures of them.

Wow 10000 shots already... Make the most of it as when they get older they do not like us taking pictures of them.

I'm sure that will be true. At the moment he's so used to it, so it's not so bad. Best stage was when he could sit but not crawl ! Upgrading my lens options to ones with quicker AF has helped.

They go on Flickr so family can see him growing up. As they are scattered around the country they don't see him that often.

Back