Batteries for a Nikon F

The Small Battery Co are pretty good at providing alternatives for older batteries.

Well I've used them in the past for most of my batteries but find some batteries a bit expensive.. I need some CR 2032 which are used for many things from a computer to check in device to your bank, anyway they were £1.95 each or £1.70ea for two or more and were lithium and free postage. On the bay were four Energizer lithium CR2032 for £2.09 with free postage, which I bought. erm well I'm hoping they are not Chinese fakes :eek: so will see when I use them.

Well I've used them in the past for most of my batteries but find some batteries a bit expensive.. I need some CR 2032 which are used for many things from a computer to check in device to your bank, anyway they were £1.95 each or £1.70ea for two or more and were lithium and free postage. On the bay were four Energizer lithium CR2032 for £2.09 with free postage, which I bought. erm well I'm hoping they are not Chinese fakes :eek: so will see when I use them.
I got fed up buying batteries from eBay which were almost out of date, even though the eBay photo showed otherwise. To be fair, I got them replaced when I complained, but I've never had a problem with the Small Battery Company.

@excalibur2 I've got SIXTEEN Panasonic CR2032 batteries you can have. Bought them for a heart rate monitor which I don't use any more. You can have them if you want. What's the rule for sending them through the post?

@excalibur2 I've got SIXTEEN Panasonic CR2032 batteries you can have. Bought them for a heart rate monitor which I don't use any more. You can have them if you want. What's the rule for sending them through the post?

WoW ...Well thanks(y) and I would accept but I think it would be too much hassle for you as you would need a jiffy bag (could be used) or very stiff envelope and then if you don't have a 2nd class large letter stamp, would have to go to a post office (or some shops might have them) to get one. For me a post office is 2.5 miles away :( and get four large letter stamps at a time.
Once again thanks for your offer.

I got fed up buying batteries from eBay which were almost out of date, even though the eBay photo showed otherwise. To be fair, I got them replaced when I complained, but I've never had a problem with the Small Battery Company.

IIRC the last time I bought CR 2032 batteries was a packet with quite a few from Poundland for £1. They also sell other ones as you know, but I read recently many of Poundland batteries are Chinese made with old technology i.e. chemical composition.

From your previous post you have the FTN finder, which takes the discontinued PX625 battery (and wasn't it broken?). LR44s are the wrong size and wrong voltage, so the meter won't be accurate, though they should tell you whether your meter is dead or not (provided they are making proper contact).

If there's life in your meter, there are several better alternatives listed here:

You can also use a cheap hearing aid battery with a simple adapter, but the voltage will be a bit high:

You can find simple metal adapters on ebay that will let you use LR44 batteries with a proper fit, but they won't fix the voltage problem. The problem with these alkalkines is that the voltage starts out too high and falls over time, and your metering will change with it, which is far from ideal (though of course you can get away with a lot on negative film if you err on the side of overexposure).

More background:

Harrisons said it was broken but I'm wondering if they didn't try a battery at all. Looks spotless inside the battery compartment.
Thanks @Retune for the info. Probably better off not bothering with it. Love the "simple" viewfinder on top but people are wanting around the same amount that I paid for the camera.

Last edited:
WoW ...Well thanks(y) and I would accept but I think it would be too much hassle for you as you would need a jiffy bag (could be used) or very stiff envelope and then if you don't have a 2nd class large letter stamp, would have to go to a post office (or some shops might have them) to get one. For me a post office is 2.5 miles away :( and get four large letter stamps at a time.
Once again thanks for your offer.
No problem at all. A bit of karma may well come back to me. Loads of jiffy bags in the house.

These are pricey, but do what they're meant to do: https://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_mr9_adapter.htm

I have them in my Rollei 35 and Olympus 35RC, and they work great. The adapter comes with a battery that's slightly slimmer than an SR44, but I put SR44s in and they fit fine - the springy contact at the bottom of the battery compartment absorbs the slight increase in height.

Last edited:
I'm another satisfied mr9 user.

Back