Batteries for my SB600?

Edit My Images
No
I currently use Duracell batteries. What does anyone else use? Are there any good rechargeable ones out there? Suggestions to keep costs down?

I use Uniross 2700mAh AA's for my Canon flashes.....I also have a fast charger for them that works from mains or car and does the job in about 90 minutes.
I can't find the receipt but the charger and 4 AA's cost about 20 quid and extra cells about 8 quid for 4.

Can't fault them so far.

Bob

Thanks bob, how do they compare to something like duracel batteries? Last as long, recycle times?

Any infor appreciated. I will in the mean time take a look at them, thanks. What does anyone else use?

Thanks bob, how do they compare to something like duracel batteries? Last as long, recycle times?

Any info appreciated. I will in the mean time take a look at them, thanks. What does anyone else use?

There is little doubt that the re-cycle time will be much quicker although I don't have any figures.
Capacitywise, they are about 5x that of the Duracell MN1500 AA cells. Regular MN1500's will also take longer to recycle the flash as they become discharged whereas the Uniross will be much more constant in their output.
Mine are mainly used in my MT-24 and MR-14 for macro and so recycle time hasn't really been an issue to worry about.

Bob

I have 4 energizer 2700mAh (I think it's 2700, if not it's higher) that I got with a charger for £10 in Tesco HomePlus.

Astoundingly good batteries, recycle the flash really fast and last a good few hundred shots before they start to slow.

Have you tried:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=101842

Yes that is £4.29 for 4 x 2800mA!

Couple two packs of those with one of these:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=103805

And you have the lowest cost batteries and 8 way charger money can buy!

Regards

Chris

I was looking for the same links, I have the above charger and batteries (20 batteries I think) and they are great. I would really recommend them.

I use Uniross as well. Brought the charger and batteries in B&Q.

I'm using Fujicell 2700ma in my SB800... have about 20 batteries and can't fault them.

Purchased of ebay, if you require the seller let me know.

Rob.

I used Duracell Supreme 2650's for the first time at the weekend. Excellent... used for about 5 hours, in freezing conditions and still worked as if they were fully charged

uniross 2500 bought from amazon. no faults(y)

Back