Batteries - What is best?

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,
I recently got my hands on a Fuji S3 Pro for about £200 on Bristol cameras. since buying it I have been through a set of Lithium Batteries after about two days out with my friends. I had been previously told that Lithium ones where the best, but I was a-wondering if anone knew of any batteries which could do the job?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I forgot to mention the batteries are AA which fit into a magazine style loader.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, but they are incompatible for my camera. They are more for the Bridge cameras which Fuji do. I realise now that I forgot to put that I am working with AA Batteries. Thanks and apologies!

Take a look at Eneloops. They hold their charge for longer, so if you leave your camera on the shelf for a month before its next outing, they will still have lots of juice left. There are good alternatives as well that use a similar technology.

W

They are good for holding charge inbetween shoots, but if you want something that will last longer, you'll need ones with a higher mAh rating i.e. 2800's

Take a look at Eneloops. They hold their charge for longer, so if you leave your camera on the shelf for a month before its next outing, they will still have lots of juice left. There are good alternatives as well that use a similar technology.

W

7dayshop do their own version of the Eneloop-type battery which has proved to be pretty good, the only issue I had with some of them was that they are sold as being ready to go, straight out the packet, most of mine needed charged before first use :cautious:

7dayshop do their own version of the Eneloop-type battery which has proved to be pretty good, the only issue I had with some of them was that they are sold as being ready to go, straight out the packet, most of mine needed charged before first use :cautious:

Yep, their 'good to go' ones....They're the ones i use in my flash guns - brilliant batteries IMO! (y)

But i wouldn't trust them to be charged when they arrive though :cautious:

I have colourful Eneloops great little batteries, use them for my flash.

I also have some 7dayshop ones, which are also brilliant ones.

(y) 7Day Shop 'Good to go'

- cheep enough to use in anything that takes AA, plus keep 2-3 spare sets to swap out when something runs out of juice.

Great for flashguns, and saved a fortune on batteries for kid toys :LOL:

Hi,

In terms of batteries, you kind of get what you pay for in general. The more you pay, generally better they are.

As someone has said below - especially if you are looking at re-chargeable batteries ( which is wise to do I think ) - you need to look at the mAh ratings.

cheap rechargables will be around 1500mah, and will last an average amount of time. If you get higher quality batteries, such as the eneloops, your looking at 2700mah or so.

If you want even better battery life, you need to be looking in the online stores that cater for radio control cars/boats/planes. You'll see batteries up to 4300Mah - which store perhaps 3x as much charge as a normal rechargeable.

You pay a price for them, but they are worth it in my opinion. It's nice not to have to keep swapping batteries. However, I had a load of 4300mah batteries lying around already, so I didn't have the pain of buying them specifically for a camera.

you might want to google around, as I can't quite remember, but I think eneloop have just released two new batteries, one of which has a higher capacity (maybe 2700 if memory serves) .... so you might be able to get the best of both worlds.

I never found anything as good a lithium when it comes to AA, energizers. I do always have a spare set on hand though cause when the go,,,, that's it. Sometimes you can find them on sale at ASDA or Tesco dirt cheap, but supplies go fast. Rechargeables are good for the environment but they otherwise have no benefit.

You want some

Uniross Encore 2700 mAh (y)

Superb batteries I have used for years. Get yourself a uniross rapid charge and you can charge these from flat in around 15min

You can get them on ebay for around £10 for four

I used to have chargable energizers but never kept their charge long enough. Switched to Eneloops and I very happy with them

As said before Eneloops are just a brand name any Low self-discharge NiMH battery will be just the same.

Loads of companies now make them. Varta (USA: Rayovac) and Ansmann increased their LSD NiMH batteries' capacity to roughly 2300 mAh.
Sanyo's new version of Eneloop increased capacity to 2500mAh

If you buy Eneloop then for AA you want product code HR-3UWX

Last edited by a moderator:
Back