Battersea Power Station at night

Name
Rowan
Edit My Images
No
IMG_6178-2.jpg

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

I like the idea but it's a little too dark, I'm struggling to make anything out, also could do with a little straighten

It's really an image of two bright lights - Just too far underexposed. You need to open the shutter for a lot longer

Here's another one I took:
IMG_6178.jpg

Theres no detail in the blacks - It's just way under exposed. Also your sensor needs a wee clean. Can see a few dust spots.

Haven't seen the building in person, but are the chimneys supposed to be leaning? If not, perhaps the pic needs a little straightening (it's a bit dark to be sure).

Right I've had a good look at your settings and my thoughts are your shooting at f/22, yet only doing a 20 second exposure, your going to get much better results by looking at a 90 second plus exposure, also I would avoid ISO400 on the 450D for a photo like this

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

OK thanks everyone, I'll keep that in mind. The dust spots are probably because the Canon was a school camera i.e. terribly taken care with lots of scratches on the lens as well.

I do prefer the first, adds a little to the mystery of the shot,

Right I've had a good look at your settings and my thoughts are your shooting at f/22

f/22 is going to severely exacerbate any spots of dust on the sensor.

Unless you really need the depth of field or length of exposure, you're probably better off around f/8.

Back