Battery covers?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Just acquired a D800 to go with my kit, and have a couple of batteries without those plastic end cover protectors... what are they called? Can't find any on eBay or Amazon with any search term I've tried!

cheaper to buy new third party batteries

Last edited:
Is it worth the bother? Contacts are recessed, so hard to see how it would short out. Or you could put it in a small plastic bag or filter wallet, etc.

Is it worth the bother? Contacts are recessed, so hard to see how it would short out. Or you could put it in a small plastic bag or filter wallet, etc.
For me yes, I just can't have anything "incomplete"... I'm one of those who keeps all the boxes, with contents etc... It's just the way I am!

Just acquired a D800 to go with my kit, and have a couple of batteries without those plastic end cover protectors... what are they called? Can't find any on eBay or Amazon with any search term I've tried!

Can I ask why you went for the D800 and not the D810?

Can I ask why you went for the D800 and not the D810?

I was considering going for an FX for landscape stuff, as I have the D500 already for wildlife and general duty, and while it is a great camera it's not really right for that job (I have taken some of my best shots with that though - landscapes as well). A friend was thinking of getting rid of his, and an extremely good deal was made for the D800 and Nikon battery grip... I just couldn't refuse!

If you like everything nicely stored away the think tank battery pouches may be better than those plastic covers. The pouches are good for keeping tracked of which battery is full or empty.

Great - thanks, that might do the job. At least they are contained in something that way.

Ian, I’m one of those people as well - I can recommend these

Thanks - bit pricey for what it is, but does look like it would work for me as well. Thanks!

p.s. glad I'm not completely alone on the neat freak front!

Back