Battery & Glove Endorsement

Name
Phil Tufnell
Edit My Images
Yes
Just to let anyone interested know that I've recently started using the new Duracell rechargeable batteries and they're amazing. They charge in 1 hour and I've gone an entire event - 6 hours and over 600 shots on the same 4 batteries in the SB800. £32 for the charger & 4 batteries from Argos - about £12 per pack of 4 batteries. Brilliant.
Also found the best gloves ever - called SealSkinz. Very light & thin but totally wind & waterproof, and no problem using the camera due to the rubberised palm-side finish. Outer layer made of merino wool with waterproof inner layer. They also make socks for anyone interested! About £25 a pair.
Run up to Christmas & all that!
Phil

Perfect, just what I've been looking for (y)

Whch ones did you have Phil... as they all seem a bit different and some look way too chunky to manage camera buttons.

Id imagine it to be this one Janice, and Im interested too.

I used to have two different types of gloves for riding.
One a slim, fine cotton pair, with very tiny rubber nipples on fingers & palms, which I could do anything in.
The other were thickish wool with bigger rubber nipples all over fingers & palms. They were no good for fine work.

Id be interested to hear if these are as sheer & light as my cotton riding gloves.
If you have any piccies Phil can you share, only I cant find a close-up of the gloves on the site.
Ta,! :)

I bought the Close Fitting Ultra Grip ones - they're not as good as fingerless obviously but come the closest to it I've found for really cold/wet conditions. I have no problem using any of the buttons but I'm sure they do other types that would be almost impossible!
Link to product: http://www.sealskinz.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/KJ751||~@c~@b|0|user|1,0,0,1|26|
Product code KJ751.

Yeah they look like the ones......Lowepro do gloves with dots on too... but not waterproof like these.

I have the Lowepro ones. They are great, and grippy, and I have never had a problem with them in the wet. Though this last trip I almost droped my 70-200 F2.8 over a clif cause I slipped with my gloves on.

I do find that I have problems with changing filters with gloves on, but then filters are not that easy to fit in general.

Back