My birthday today.
Got a little bit of dosh and have been waiting to buy a Battery Grip
Any suggestions on prices?
Where to buy?
I have found cheap makes on Ebay for about £30
Are these versions any good?
Thanks Gary

Gary,

If you have the cash and a bit of patience then Kerso (a TP member) always gets good feedback. PM him for a price.

If you can't wait then do a bit of cost research on the net to get a rough guide on the price....then try Jessop's to price match. Might be worth a go as they need all the help they can get at the mo.....it worked for me a while back for D300&lens.

Paul

Happy birthday! :)

Well I've done a very quick search and Amazon have them in stock for £82.99, not sure if that can be beaten :shrug:

Thanks Paul
is kerso like a trader or something?
I would need to wait till I had been a member for a month
:)

He lives in the USA and Scotland occasionally and many of us have bought lenses and bodies off him over the last 3/4 years..

Just send him an email to kerso1123@msn.com and/or 2kerso@gmail.com and mention that you're a TP member and he'll do a price based on that..

I do know that due to the exchange rate, he is unable to currently match UK prices on many items, but well worth an ask :)

He lives in the USA and Scotland occasionally and many of us have bought lenses and bodies off him over the last 3/4 years..

Just send him an email to kerso1123@msn.com and/or 2kerso@gmail.com and mention that you're a TP member and he'll do a price based on that..

I do know that due to the exchange rate, he is unable to currently match UK prices on many items, but well worth an ask :)

Ok cheers
Have you got any views of these cheaper items of Ebay?
Gary

the first battery grip has no vertical shutter/ operation button and is just a battery holder,

the second has

I would get a canon one after haveung been stung for a cheapo

I'd personally go for a genuine Canon one, but I'm a cautious person wondering whether a cheaper model would compromise the electronics of my £2k camera. Hvaing said that, I don't think I would risk it even with a 400D. Just me though ;)

Well you have a base price of £82.99 at Amazon. Might be worth checking places like Picstop, Morris Photo in Oxfordshire who sometimes have an offer, as do Cameraworld. Camerapricebuster, Pricerunner.com or dealtime.com usually have quite low prices :) Well worth checking on there as well :)

Hope this helps :)

I'd personally go for a genuine Canon one, but I'm a cautious person wondering whether a cheaper model would compromise the electronics of my £2k camera. Hvaing said that, I don't think I would risk it even with a 400D. Just me though ;)

Well you have a base price of £82.99 at Amazon. Might be worth checking places like Picstop, Morris Photo in Oxfordshire who sometimes have an offer, as to Cameraworld. Pricerunner.com or dealtime.com usually have quite low prices :) Well worth checking on there as well :)

Hope this helps :)

Yes it does help
Thanks Mate
Gary

Alright Gary bud i just ordered one of ebay that has a built in battery so you dont need to put 2 of your camera batterys in the Canon one(keep this in mind with some as i dont think you get batteries at that price) or 6 AA batteries(not sure if these numbers are right but not far away).

Anyway this one says you get 1000+ shots from its built in battery and you always have your one as a spare. It also has the vertical shutter button and got it for a total of £32.99.

I will let you no what it's like when it comes if this is any help.

p.s, It was a Phottix battery grip for Canon 400D and in the UK.

I got one off flea bay (non genuine canon) and it has been spot on so far (touch wood)

Helps the balance alot with larger lens on too.

Many happy returns too. Hope you had a great one

I have the Hahnel grip on my 350D and its the same grip on the 400D,ok so it is just a battery holder but it gives a good balance to the camera and I have had no problems with mine

Just thought I'd add when I used my 400D I had it with a battery grip I got from the bay. Really useful and has worked perfectly so far. Pretty much exactly the same as the official Canon one except without the Canon name :p

I'm not too sure on the one with the built in battery from a practical point of view. Much easier to carry a couple of spare batteries for the canon-like one than a spare grip and you can still use the grip while a set of batteries are charging.

Back