Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Sywell last weekend

7832711834_f31cdcf5c4_c.jpg

7832707958_c5479dcb89_c.jpg

7832702934_daf7b969d8_c.jpg

Love the 1st, also like the PP & the "grain" in the photo - not sure if that was intended or not? :)

You've made the most of the cloud with these :D
I like them, just a pity that there wasn't something else in #2

Love the 1st, also like the PP & the "grain" in the photo - not sure if that was intended or not? :)

Thanks and yes, the grain is absolutely intentional and is thanks to Silver Efex Pro (y)

You've made the most of the cloud with these :D
I like them, just a pity that there wasn't something else in #2

thanks, there was the top of a head in the photo, but I cloned it out :D

Great shots I love the lancaster... I was talking to an old boy the other day who was a Lancaster pilot he had the DFC and completed 30 missions including Dresden true hero !
Oh and he let me read his flying log book ;-)

Last edited:
Yep. I was right. Everybody was at Sywell at the weekend! :D

You must have taken that first Lancaster shot within microseconds of my Lancaster shot because the cloud formation is the same.... Please check future Sywell thread started by me for comparison. :)

Was that 1/200th? Steady hand. (y)

Yep. I was right. Everybody was at Sywell at the weekend! :D

You must have taken that first Lancaster shot within microseconds of my Lancaster shot because the cloud formation is the same.... Please check future Sywell thread started by me for comparison. :)

Was that 1/200th? Steady hand. (y)

I'll look out for it (y)

First was taken at 1/125th. Nothing to do with a steady hand, more to do with a half decent lens

Think it's one of these they've got in the MOSI in manchester, beast of a plane.

Nicely captured, the B&W really suit it and the clouds look good in the third.

I'll look out for it (y)

First was taken at 1/125th. Nothing to do with a steady hand, more to do with a half decent lens

I have a more than half decent lens and I can tell you a steady hand and good panning is where you're killing me you show off. 1/125th! :p I chickened out and shot all the aerial stuff at 1/200th and 1/250th. :LOL:

Superb, that third shot is very iconic, esp with your excellent mono rendering!
top job.

cheers
tony

Back