Beginner Battle scarred Red Admiral

Looking good Ben.

Attempted fix by using different PP methods. It appears better to me, how does it look to others?Red Admiral 060817(2) by Ben Gray, on Flickr

I see purple fringes now, especially along the top of the largest area and the top of the leftmost area beneath it. What did the original look like? Was it raw or JPEG?

Last edited:
Yeah, the fringes are in the raw, but I couldn't get rid of them in rawtherapee.

If you have Photoshop just use the lasso tool to select the affected areas then go edit/hue and saturation, select magenta and pull the level right down, if it doesn't reduce the exact shade set the saturation level slider to its lowest and move the cursor of colour selection bar at the bottom of that pop up box to either side of where it is until the offending colour is banished.

View attachment 108022

If you have Photoshop just use the lasso tool to select the affected areas then go edit/hue and saturation, select magenta and pull the level right down, if it doesn't reduce the exact shade set the saturation level slider to its lowest and move the cursor of colour selection bar at the bottom of that pop up box to either side of where it is until the offending colour is banished.

View attachment 108022
I haven't paid adobe's ransom yet. I will try it on gimp to see if I have the skillz.

I haven't paid adobe's ransom yet. I will try it on gimp to see if I have the skillz.

You're not alone there, it's a pile of money. There must be something free which can desaturate selected areas of an image, not familiar with gimp, maybe I'll take a look at the application.

All the best

Tim

Back